Wheel Replacement

Davey B

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Have any of you chaps had replacement wheels sorted under warranty?
The dealer I use looked at my bike in May, sent details to Honda who authorised replacements...I've just spoken to the dealer as I'd heard nothing, the New Year is the best they could offer for a time scale. That seems mental (I aren't bothered about a bit of cosmetic discolouring and the wheels aren't at all affected)
Honda can obviously find rims, spokes and hubs for the new bikes :rolleyes:

Had my 12m old AT done 4 weeks ago, I was pressing the dealer soon as I heard they were doing it. When leaving I was chatting to another AT rider in the carpark, he new nothing about it and the dealer had not mentioned it. I enlightened him , he was seen in the showroom with his arms flailing about as I left, I gave the salesman a thumb's up as I left, bikers need to look out for each other especially when Honda pull the stunts they have in the last few months :mad:

How long was it between you highlighting the issue and the replcements ? Presumably not 7 or 8 months ?

How long was it between you highlighting the issue and the replcements ? Presumably not 7 or 8 months ?

It took around 8 weeks for my new AT wheels to arrive. The dealer confirmed a delivery date (mid-August) just a few days after the claim was made.

Cheers, I shall be re contacting them and finding out why it has taken 5 months...so far :mad:

Had my Son in Laws and mine done about 5 weeks ago Davey, it took about 6 weeks for them to get them in albeit we reported the corrosion back in May
we were notified in June that they had been approved to be replaced
Dobles did both bikes while we waited so great service again from them
Rob

I waited 5 months

Mine started to corrode after a few months and I reported it to Padgetts in Batley in March. I had the annual service in April and it took til October to get my replacement wheels. The dealer tells me that it is due to there being so many claims that Honda called a halt to replacing like with like and have now used stainless spokes.

I'mm now commuting every day in all weathers so I'll keep a keen eye on the new spokes

My front wheel arrived in January, rear wheel arrived last week but I only found out when I rang to chase it up this morning. So to my mind the dealer is just as shite as Honda in this. A customer waiting 10 months for a wheel yet they have it languishing in their stock room for an extra week. Is it 1975 FFS.
Love the bike but Honda won't get any more money off me.

Get a reference & elevate as a complaint to Honda UK next time (hopefully there won't be a next time) - otherwise they will think we are happy to wait months.

Already done that. I'll be replying back with the actual wait time for a pair of wheels...10 months.

Obviously pissed off & quite right too - go for some compo, you may get a free service/clothing voucher. They can't deny it's crap service & damaging for their brand.

I bought my AT back in September 2018. It was a 2017 model and I bought it purely from the pictures on the website and the dealers description over the phone. Anyway I got a call from the dealer a few days before it was due to be delivered to me, saying that they had replaced both wheels as they were corroded.
I said thanks very much and thought what good service. It wasn't until I'd found this forum and read some of the stories about people getting the run around from dealers that I realised what good service I received !
So I'd like to give a shout out for Blackpool Honda and would thoroughly recommend them.

The bike when I received it was exactly as described plus its shiny new wheels too and they are still shiny 5 months on so I'm keeping my fingers crossed they are stainless steel spokes. :)

Be careful what you wish for Simmo, stainless spokes aren't always the blessing they seem from the cleaning perspective, if you use the bike off-road.

I bought my AT back in September 2018. It was a 2017 model and I bought it purely from the pictures on the website and the dealers description over the phone. Anyway I got a call from the dealer a few days before it was due to be delivered to me, saying that they had replaced both wheels as they were corroded.
I said thanks very much and thought what good service. It wasn't until I'd found this forum and read some of the stories about people getting the run around from dealers that I realised what good service I received !
So I'd like to give a shout out for Blackpool Honda and would thoroughly recommend them.

The bike when I received it was exactly as described plus its shiny new wheels too and they are still shiny 5 months on so I'm keeping my fingers crossed they are stainless steel spokes. :)

This makes me even more fucked off with them....they'll fluff up a new buyer but won't look after an existing customer....you got my wheels yer ######d :D

Blackpool Honda are part of NW Honda....who've been shite at chasing this up and informing. Last time I visit them

This makes me even more fucked off with them....they'll fluff up a new buyer but won't look after an existing customer....you got my wheels yer ######d :D

Blackpool Honda are part of NW Honda....who've been shite at chasing this up and informing. Last time I visit them

Oooops ! :augie

I pulled my Africa twin out of the garage yesterday and found what looks like corrosion on the frame, i haven't used it since September and it has 5400 miles from last summer, do I have to take it back to the supplying dealer which is dobles or can I take it to my local dealer which is Southend.20190331_110701.jpeg20190331_110711.jpeg20190331_110725.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom