1250 Rallye TE Brought

Ridiculous insurance premiums will stop me getting a 1250

If we keep paying these prices they will keep putting them up

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ridiculous insurance premiums will stop me getting a 1250

If we keep paying these prices they will keep putting them up

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My KTM cost £300 less to insure than my GS Rallye last year, even though the KTM has more power, and cost slightly more than the GS. When I asked the insurance chimp, he said it’s because the GS is a higher theft risk, and at the time was the most stolen bike in the UK.

Just insured my GS... £187?... wow, you lot are paying a lot!!

Nice bike BTW.. do they go any better? :)

My KTM cost £300 less to insure than my GS Rallye last year, even though the KTM has more power, and cost slightly more than the GS. When I asked the insurance chimp, he said it’s because the GS is a higher theft risk, and at the time was the most stolen bike in the UK.

Nah, it’s because by the time they will need to pay out on the KTM it will be worth sod all due to dealer depreciation :D

Nah, it’s because by the time they will need to pay out on the KTM it will be worth sod all due to dealer depreciation :D

How does a dealer depreciate ?

Is that like when you can walk around a Motorrad dealer for 20 minutes with not one person asking if you’d like any assistance ? So they depreciate rather than appreciate your possible custom ?

Not fussed on the gold wheels, black I think would look better but that's just me still a nice bike.

2aac4m1.jpg
[/IMG]
2i1nv4i.jpg
[/IMG]

bloody hell, who laid that concrete floor? a 6 yr old!!

Nice bike

Had the chance this morning to have a look at both the Rallye and Exclusive bikes, both bikes look great in the flesh. The rallye comes with extras such as radiator and frame protection as standard but these are cost extras on any other model in the range. Both bikes had Hayes calipers on the front but Brembo on the rear?? Once nice touch that I noticed was the tyre valves, on the cross spoke wheel it is now angled making things much easier, on the cast wheel the valve is on one of the cast spokes?? again making things a bit easier. One disappointing fact that was pointed out is that the tankbag for the current LC range will not be compatible with the 1250 tank so start looking out for bargains.

Am I tempted yes but not until next year when they may look to change/upgrade the next tranche of bikes!?!?

Hi All
Just part ex'd the RT for the 1250 Rallye TE after a good test ride yesterday. Pick her up Tuesday - cant wait - trying to get insurance though!!????? What a nightmare!
Purchased exclusive 1200 4 weeks ago , traded 2016 GSA in and same problem insurance went through the roof , tried all sites but still paid nearly double , no idea why ????

Back
Top Bottom