Rest and Be Thankfull road closed

Hopefully old military road opening this afternoon.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
Unlikely there appears to have been another land slip closing both the A83 and the military road until Monday! You have to feel for both local residents and business's when this happens, which seems to be a regular occurrence whenever there is heavy rain.

They were supposed to have cleared a couple of boulders that were causing the problem then another landslide.

Who'd have thunk it, Scotland with wind and rain causing problems.

Thank goodness it doesn't happen every year, oh hang on a moment....

Still Transport Scotland will be working hard over the weekend fixing everything; NOT.

Could be worse, at least Calmac are still running ferries, wot cancelled you say.

Dunoon Observer announces Scotland cut off.

Cut it out!

:D

Take the Clyde ferry to Hunter's Quay and then North via the Tarbert ferry through Argyll to Oban.

They were supposed to have cleared a couple of boulders that were causing the problem then another landslide.

Who'd have thunk it, Scotland with wind and rain causing problems.

Thank goodness it doesn't happen every year, oh hang on a moment....

Still Transport Scotland will be working hard over the weekend fixing everything; NOT.

Could be worse, at least Calmac are still running ferries, wot cancelled you say.

Dunoon Observer announces Scotland cut off.

Are you a teenager or something??? It’s called weather, and it does on occasion .........thwart your travel plans.

Age is but after all an attitude of the mind, also that youth is wasted on the young.

As I ride in all weather's, averaging around 25K miles per year, and expect all 4 seasons in a day here in Bonnie Scotland.

As my grandmother retired to Dunoon in the 70's even then the rest and be thankful was a known issue.

One would have hoped and expected that this could have been resolved by now, after all it is only almost half a century.

I have oft found that the issues relating to the rest and be thankful are weather related, and it is my experience that this also impacts upon calmac's puddle jumpers.

Perhaps your experiences differ.

Age is but after all an attitude of the mind, also that youth is wasted on the young.

As I ride in all weather's, averaging around 25K miles per year, and expect all 4 seasons in a day here in Bonnie Scotland.

As my grandmother retired to Dunoon in the 70's even then the rest and be thankful was a known issue.

One would have hoped and expected that this could have been resolved by now, after all it is only almost half a century.

I have oft found that the issues relating to the rest and be thankful are weather related, and it is my experience that this also impacts upon calmac's puddle jumpers.

My expectations of vessels manoeuvring and berthing - while maintaining the safety of the compliment, are perhaps more realistic than yours?

Couldn't agree more!

I find it ironic that various governments have failed to address this issue for so many years, time will tell if something is done to put this issue to bed once and for all!?

And it will be in the news for a few more days yet. Understand the the logistics and the problems it causes for all concerned and you may then see why !

I see why my friend ... I know that area like the back of my hand, so please don't patronise me :D

:beerjug:

Couldn't agree more!

I find it ironic that various governments have failed to address this issue for so many years, time will tell if something is done to put this issue to bed once and for all!?

Maybe a job for Boris? Could be an adjunct to his bridge to Norn Iron wheeze? :D

Cue the usual handknitted corduroy "local" to appear on the STV news with Yorkshire accent, red with rage, asking whose bright idea was it to build a road here in the first place. :blast

Back
Top Bottom