Fk,fk, fukity ,fk

May be that is the reason.. time to clean and reapply the Loctite? My bolts have been re-used anyway. I see no reason not to.
On the V8s... I remember my mate doing his. 120 lb ft.. then 90 degrees.. he had to get a scaffolding pole on the wrench to do it... this is into a Ali block .. .🤪

Why?... how did my CB1100RC and Z900 ever stay together in the old days :)

They stayed together because the manufacturer used more materials to compensate. You don't have to use stretch bolts, but in many areas the stretchbolts enables the manufacturer to build lighter.

The mentioned bikes where for their times amongst the highest performing bikes you could get your hands on. Compared to todays R-bikes they weight was 20 - 50 kg higher.

They stayed together because the manufacturer used more materials to compensate. You don't have to use stretch bolts, but in many areas the stretchbolts enables the manufacturer to build lighter.

The mentioned bikes where for their times amongst the highest performing bikes you could get your hands on. Compared to todays R-bikes they weight was 20 - 50 kg higher.

Think you will find most of that weight in the old batteries and frame, doubt you would have 50kgs of bolts........:nenau

233kg where as the s1000r is 207kg? so 26kg heavier... but as Smog says, it had a massive battery and the frame weighed a lot too...
engine weight in comparison?.. who knows... but was not thick on casings as I found out when it all went wrong at 'the mountain' (Cadwell) ;)

Back
Top Bottom