1250 GS insurance quotes??

dave hendy

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me any of the on-line insurance quotes that cover the 1250?

I have tried 4 including BMW and Carole Nash and they don't list it:nenau

Can anyone tell me any of the on-line insurance quotes that cover the 1250?

I have tried 4 including BMW and Carole Nash and they don't list it:nenau

Carole do offer the insurance even though it is not listed, and below is from another op, who also got a quote from carole nash.

So got it through Lexham for £374.87 so that a bit better £1000 excess but got that insured for £80 (inc in price) so result, or you have Bemot and apparently must ask for Scott.

https://www.bemoto.uk/bemoto-motorbike-insurance-road-bikes

BMW insurance says: 'Please note that this should be the approximate market value of the motorcycle at present, to the nearest pound. This should not be the original price paid' does that mean you can give the value of the bike without VAT as you loose this as soon as you ride away??

BMW insurance says: 'Please note that this should be the approximate market value of the motorcycle at present, to the nearest pound. This should not be the original price paid' does that mean you can give the value of the bike without VAT as you loose this as soon as you ride away??

No idea mate, maybe Wapping can jump in later he does know a far bit more on the Insurance.

Had exactly the same problem last year when I got my Rally adventure. Wasn't listed anywhere, they had to contact
the underwriter to insure it!

Just had my renewal, even now its not listed as 2017, only 2018!!

I think you may have to pay a premium like I did with it not being listed yet.

Had exactly the same problem last year when I got my Rally adventure. Wasn't listed anywhere, they had to contact
the underwriter to insure it!

Just had my renewal, even now its not listed as 2017, only 2018!!

I think you may have to pay a premium like I did with it not being listed yet.

Totally ridiculous, I can't ring who I am with until tomorrow but if they say it's too much I won't be getting a 1250:tears

I was banging my head against a wall last year.

I ended up calling the co that insures my vans. They had to go to the underwriters. I think it was £570 something, but I had to take it, Carole Nash quoted over £1k. This year its £273, so loads better now.

Hope you get it sorted!!

After 15 minutes on the phone to BMW (Devit) the bike isn't listed so they can't quote me today!!

Unbelievable :mad:

It beggars belief, they invest so much in marketing, and cannot get a simple thing as a bike and price listed, heads should roll in Berlin, they will surely lose some sales through this, and you would like to think the BMW dealers should push for the info....:nenau

23 minutes on the phone to Carole Nash and they have to ring me back tomorrow as the 1250 isn't listed. So that's it for today I can't take anymore:rolleyes:

I had exactly the same problem with a Honda ATAS in January/February, not listed, most couldn’t insure it and those that would were asking 3 to 4 times what you might expect to pay. Honda said it was the dvla’s fault for not issuing the new codes for the model, I believe from what I’ve read recently that it still hasn’t been completely resolved. A dealer told me he had had several new model order cancellations due to the buyers not being able to get insurance.

I’m beginning to feel this is a conspiracy by UK plc to gradually remove motorcycles from the roads, by making insurance very difficult or expensive to obtain for new bikes. Add to that the reluctance by the police to deal with gangs stealing bikes (I think they’ve only started to do anything due to the muggings for phones and spraying liquid into the faces of their victims from scooters). On the other hand that could be total bollocks and brexit is to blame ;)

You'll be having your trousers pulled down for being the first of the novelty bobble brigade. Why worry about a little loading of the insurance?

so where does the vat go?,what a strange statement

so where does the vat go?,what a strange statement

If it’s only worth the price minus the vat once you ride away from the dealer why insure it for the full price??

It would be easier to get sensible insurance quotes on £14.5k than £17k?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Think he is talking about depreciation. But the statement means, you should insure any bike for its value and not the price you paid for it, but for a new bike, I would insure it for what I paid for it. Not sure about bikes, but for new cars, within the first year, its a new for old, so you don't really need gap insurance.

If it’s only worth the price minus the vat once you ride away from the dealer why insure it for the full price??

It would be easier to get sensible insurance quotes on £14.5k than £17k?

thats some seriously skewed logic,the vat value does not simply cease to be once driven off the forcourt,when the insurance company ask for the value you dont quote the invoice price less the vat to make the bike seem cheaper and hence easier to insure,the vat element you payed is neither here nor there unless you are trying to claim it back for whatever reason

thats some seriously skewed logic,the vat value does not simply cease to be once driven off the forcourt,when the insurance company ask for the value you dont quote the invoice price less the vat to make the bike seem cheaper and hence easier to insure,the vat element you payed is neither here nor there unless you are trying to claim it back for whatever reason

Oh well that’s why I asked the question

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My insurance company have given me a quote based on a 1200 Rallye and are happy to do that after speaking to the broker it adds £93 to my premium which runs until July, the excess goes from £300 to £500 as well. Not as bad as I feared so the bike is ordered

Back
Top Bottom