Selling my GSA to a portugese buyer

maico97

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I have my 2016 GSA advertised on a couple of seller sites and have had numerous emails from a guy in Portugal, who checks out ok. He wants to buy my bike(after viewing and agreeing a deal) then ride it away to Manchester, where he is getting it transported back to his home in Portugal.
My concerns is regarding the registration will be still connected to me until the DVLA do their bit, which could take time, by which he could have racked up a few speeding fines.
If anybody has had experience of selling bikes abroad, I would like to hear how the process was done successfully...hopefully its a painless exercise.

P.S. I hope I have put this question in the correct part of the forum....apologies if I haven't

Thankyou

I have my 2016 GSA advertised on a couple of seller sites and have had numerous emails from a guy in Portugal, who checks out ok. He wants to buy my bike(after viewing and agreeing a deal) then ride it away to Manchester, where he is getting it transported back to his home in Portugal.
My concerns is regarding the registration will be still connected to me until the DVLA do their bit, which could take time, by which he could have racked up a few speeding fines.
If anybody has had experience of selling bikes abroad, I would like to hear how the process was done successfully...hopefully its a painless exercise.

P.S. I hope I have put this question in the correct part of the forum....apologies if I haven't

Thankyou

I've sold bikes to all over europe and never really thought about all the 'what if's' as life's too short......

Back
Top Bottom