GSA LC rider footrest lowering

hairysteve

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Am considering lowering the rider footrests on my LC GSA1200 for a more comfortable ride. Any suggestions what might be available to do this....

Same here, got them in black and dropped them to the lowest setting, quality product made by Gilles for BMW

The Gilles (BMW) ones are a nice bit of kit, bought mine from a member here, good quality and when fitted your knees are less bent - really comfortable. Mine are gold and they don't really fit in with the rest of the bike. black ones look better

The Gilles (BMW) ones are a nice bit of kit, bought mine from a member here, good quality and when fitted your knees are less bent - really comfortable. Mine are gold and they don't really fit in with the rest of the bike. black ones look better

Look good on the Exclusive, because of the Gold Brembos and forks.............:D

I´ve ordered THESE low footpegs from Wunderlich and hope to receive them this week.
Also got the ¨clever¨ gear lever and adjustable brake lever in case foot position is changed dramatically.

SW Motech are the best IMO. They have a regular and low setting, they're nice an wide and you can easily remove the rubber toppers with a screw underneath.

frs.07.011.10302.s_web1.jpg

SW-Motech-ION-Footrest-Kit-Honda-CRF1000L-Africa-Twin-001.jpg

I´ve ordered THESE low footpegs from Wunderlich and hope to receive them this week.
Also got the ¨clever¨ gear lever and adjustable brake lever in case foot position is changed dramatically.

I've had these fitted to my 2015 GSA LC for a few years now and find them to be much more comfortable than the standard versions. Not sure how much the BMW ones lower the pegs but the Wunderlich versions are 25mm lower than standard..

I've had these fitted to my 2015 GSA LC for a few years now and find them to be much more comfortable than the standard versions. Not sure how much the BMW ones lower the pegs but the Wunderlich versions are 25mm lower than standard..

Bmw ones, lower roughly the same :thumb2 but they are all roughly as good, all depends on personal feeling.

SW Motech are the best IMO. They have a regular and low setting, they're nice an wide and you can easily remove the rubber toppers with a screw underneath.

I looked at those before buying the BMW (Gilles) ones as the rubber bit is mounted on a spring so your boots sink into the teeth when you stand

I have the bmw/giles for about two years now and they still look like new. One of those rare times you feel like you got your money’s worth

Any problems with fouling of the sidestand with the Gilles version. There doesn't seem to be a lot of spare room...

R
Any problems with fouling of the sidestand with the Gilles version. There doesn't seem to be a lot of spare room...

I have the BMW / Gilles ones on my 2018 lowered GSA. As others have said, quality bit of kit, but as you note here, setting them on the lowest position, snags my sidestand, and won’t allow the sidestand to fully retract. (And stops starting the bike....). Setting the pegs to the mid position is fine...which is where I have mine set. The lowest peg position might be ok on a ‘standard’ GSA, but as I say, mine is a lowered suspension model.

R

I have the BMW / Gilles ones on my 2018 lowered GSA. As others have said, quality bit of kit, but as you note here, setting them on the lowest position, snags my sidestand, and won’t allow the sidestand to fully retract. (And stops starting the bike....). Setting the pegs to the mid position is fine...which is where I have mine set. The lowest peg position might be ok on a ‘standard’ GSA, but as I say, mine is a lowered suspension model.

I took out a mortgage and bought the Tourotech low pegs for my lowered GS. Expensive but don’t foul the side stand and cured my knee ache.

My boots just catch the stand on the lowest setting but the mid setting with a slight adjustment of the shifter was enough not to catch while still curing the knee ache

Back
Top Bottom