To Anyone Who Has Had a Test Ride on The New 1250.....

J.R.

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Is there a noticeable difference in the grunt from the motor compared to the 1200 LC engine? (asking for a friend :D)

Is there a noticeable difference in the grunt from the motor compared to the 1200 LC engine? (asking for a friend :D)

My good mate has tested it on Saturday, and he said it grunted like his wallet, so he bought one............:D

I’m interested to see what someone with a KTM 1290 thinks of it, and how the two compare ;)

I’m interested to see what someone with a KTM 1290 thinks of it, and how the two compare ;)

My guess that is that the KTM will be 1 to 1.5 seconds quicker 0-90 mph and 4 to 5 seconds quicker 0-125 mph. That would be with a professional road tester on board who is able to keep the front wheel on the ground, on flat track with no potholes.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/5n_KShbiunM" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>.....

My guess that is that the KTM will be 1 to 1.5 seconds quicker 0-90 mph and 4 to 5 seconds quicker 0-125 mph. That would be with a professional road tester on board who is able to keep the front wheel on the ground, on flat track with no potholes.

I don’t care about the figures. I’m interested in how the GS rides compared to the 1290, as the LC 1200 was night and day dull, in comparison.

Are there any changes on the ktm 1290s for 2019?

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Are there any changes on the ktm 1290s for 2019?

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Yes. Announcement to be made in Milan, but there’s rumours of a hike in power/ torque, just to upset BMW. :D

I'm guessing here again. I think the BMW diehards who want a Boxer that rides like a KTM are buying the S1000XR.

I want "ever-so-dull" from my Boxer engine, which is why I won't buy a KTM.

I don't think we'll see you on a 1250 any time soon.

Looks like monster fast machine in that vid :eek:

Is it going to be as fully-paid-for and owned as the 2009 GS in my shed? Nope.
Is it going to have a lot more electronic nonsense to go wrong? Yep.
Is it as fast as my HP4? Nope.
Is it going to come with all the farkles that have perfected my 1200? Nope.

A twin-cam GSA is still the optimal answer. I'd only swap my single cam GS for a TU GSA if truth be told.

BTW: almost 20 grand? Hahahahahaha

You don't need to ride one to know that. Just look at the power to weight....KTM wins.,...convincingly!

I've always believed that if you want a sports bike....buy a sportsbike (or a KTM "adventure" bike). If you want the best all rounder....buy a GS :D

OK here's a curveball....Since I sold my 1200 Hexhead, (I wanted to try other bikes and not be the guy who only ever owned a BM...)so I had a an AT which I didn't like (then got stolen- so couldn't sell the thing). Bought an Aprilia Caponord - too heavy but a superb motor. Switched down to a 650 bandit. Love it for it's ease of use, commuting etc...but cannot see myself touring on it. It's also my first 4 cylinder. Smooth but oh so short geared and (even though it could rev a lot a higher). HP wise, they are all fairly close to each other, but my point is, instead of comparing superb bike vs superb bike and nit picking----after riding an older bike, a different style etc which has a few similarities. and others that have no similarities, you'll soon realise what YOU actually want from a bike (finance, PCP, Insurance). It might make your decision making process a bit clearer. So far I miss the boxer twin engine character and sound. Actually, I really miss my GS! Probably the presence and higher, upright bars without sacrificing MPG...but comparing 2 bikes that are going to be very similar is nitpicking....

Is it going to be as fully-paid-for and owned as the 2009 GS in my shed? Nope.
Is it going to have a lot more electronic nonsense to go wrong? Yep.
Is it as fast as my HP4? Nope.
Is it going to come with all the farkles that have perfected my 1200? Nope.

A twin-cam GSA is still the optimal answer. I'd only swap my single cam GS for a TU GSA if truth be told.

BTW: almost 20 grand? Hahahahahaha

spent 20500 on mine and I dont regret it for a minute !!

Back
Top Bottom