R80 G/S heads with big bore from Siebenrock

I have a seibenrock kit on the bike for the last 12 years. I did indeed feel the undergearing problem especially due to the supersonic speeds on the autobahns here. I never really go over 120kph for long periods as I do feel I'm whooping it some. I had the heads matched to the kit by Mr Scriminger some time ago. This did give me marginally more oomf but also moved the power up the dial a little. Fitted a mid-range cam and this improved things a lot. At the end of the day you may end up spending big bucks for little gain. Since fitting the kit I've had problems with the breather bunging up the slow running cct in the carbs. I re-routed the breather and its surprising how much sh1t I find in the bottle every month when I empty it. I would route it to atmosphere but want to avoid questions for the TUV so the bottle is hidden under the side panel. Thinking of buying an R100RT, you start with more power and the gearing problem is solved. Once I've taken the telephone kiosk off the front and replaced it for an S fairing it might be a good start for the Rickie Moore kits. T'will be nice to enjoy bopping a long at 140kph with out mechanical sympathy issues.

Back
Top Bottom