Nav V no longer saving tracks

Paul G (BHT)

Creator
Mod Squad
Solutions
Reaction score
On a recent trip to Morocco my Nav V decided to only retain just a couple of days of track logs. It also decided to stop giving me guidance prompts.

I tried resetting it by removing the battery but this had no effect. I then reset it by holding the bottom right of the screen while booting it up, this pretty much resulted in deleting all saved waypoints etc :blast

The routing guidance has reappeared but the track/trip log is still only retaining just a couple of days.... any ideas what the problem is?

Okay an update.

Just plugged the Nav into the PC and fired up BaseCamp and all the tracks are there.

Odd that I can't see them on the device screen its self though, is this normal?

Do you have show hidden files and folder options ticked on your pc, if not that may be the issue why they are not showing up on your pc, unsure why they would not show on the unit,

Do you have show hidden files and folder options ticked on your pc, if not that may be the issue why they are not showing up on your pc, unsure why they would not show on the unit,
Was this answer meant for a different question :nenau

Did you try re-importing data from the device internal memory?? Maybe the reset deleted them from Trip Planner & Routes but they are still in Imported data

Was this answer meant for a different question :nenau

Not exactly an answer to your question but just another way to view the data if you did not already know and you needed to locate it, sorry if it didnt answer your question, i will get my coat,

...but the track/trip log is still only retaining just a couple of days.... any ideas what the problem is?

Your "Active" Tracks are those that are not yet Archived. You can find them in the Tracks App/Active or in the Where I've Been App. Once the Track Log is full (15,000pts) your Active Segments will be placed in the Archive Folder and removed from the Tracks/Active and Where I've Been.

Your "Active" Tracks are those that are not yet Archived. You can find them in the Tracks App/Active or in the Where I've Been App. Once the Track Log is full (15,000pts) your Active Segments will be placed in the Archive Folder and removed from the Tracks/Active and Where I've Been.
Thanks Wapps, makes sense.... I will have a look later.

Back
Top Bottom