Thread: Hotels in the Verdun area

New Member (less than 15 Posts)

Hotels in the Verdun area

Hi All,

I have a route I normally use when traveling back from Europe to the ferry (Rotterdam). I normally stay in Nancy for a night and then travel to the ferry the next day cross country pretty much to Brussels. Aprox 320 miles in total.

While this has worked very well (and I really like Nancy) in the past I'm looking to reduce the mileage a bit. Looking at a map Verdun would be about the right area. Has anyone got experience of Verdun as a stop over? Would you recommend it as a last night of a trip? All we really need is a few bars and somewhere to eat but if its a nice town it helps. A quick look does not show many hotels in the Verdun center.

Or could you recommend a town in the area?

Thanks for your help.

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Hotel les Colombes is cheap and basic, but has a secure garage and is very convenient for the river frontage, bars etc. It's not posh, but clean and tidy.

Stayed there a couple of times and found Verdun pleasant with some good bars (and some strong beers!)
    Riding out tonight to case the promised land...

Quote Originally Posted by ricardo View Post
    Hotel les Colombes is cheap and basic, but has a secure garage and is very convenient for the river frontage, bars etc. It's not posh, but clean and tidy.

Stayed there a couple of times and found Verdun pleasant with some good bars (and some strong beers!)
    Yep, I agree, we’ve also stayed at the Hotel Saint Paul & La Cloche d’Or, both also basic but cheap. Do not stay at the Ibis, its on an industrial estate miles from town it’s a long walk DAMHIK

https://goo.gl/maps/YXciKG4npwR2 is a hotel in a village west of Verdun in the Argonne - it is excellent. You won't need to go anywhere else, just take the half board option and drink on the terrace soaking in the views across the valley to the Argonne Forest.
    This space deliberately left blank as the author writes too much pretentious bollocks as it is.

Hotel Les Colombes

I've stayed several times over the years. Well located, inexpensive, comfortable and clean.

How about this one at Sedan? ............ https://hotel-lechateaufort.fr/en Often used by biker groups.

Alternatively have you looked at Bouillon, over the border in Belgium. The Hotel de la Poste is popular, downtown adjacent to the river bridge, or our preference, the Panorama - good food & a great view as the name suggests.

There is a campsite in Verdun a short walk from the centre called les bruils. It has some cabins that will sleep up to 6 people. It has a restaurant and bar. That way you have space to relax on the front porch with a beer in the evening which I would prefer to using a town centre hotel myself.https://www.campinglesbreuils.fr/
    79 suzuki ts100ern
    83 Honda XL500R
    97 Suzuki TL1000S
    99 Suzuki TL1000S
    06 BMW r1200gsa

Quote Originally Posted by gazza12adv View Post
    There is a campsite in Verdun a short walk from the centre called les bruils. It has some cabins that will sleep up to 6 people. It has a restaurant and bar. That way you have space to relax on the front porch with a beer in the evening which I would prefer to using a town centre hotel myself.https://www.campinglesbreuils.fr/
    +1 for the site. It’s a 20 minute stroll to town. Worth spending a day or two in Verdun. Things like the fort, the ossuary, and the museum all worth a visit. Some half decent restaurants by the riverside.
    There are but three parts to make up a man: his shadow behind, the road ahead and the clothes on his back.

New Member (less than 15 Posts)
    Thanks all for your help - some interesting stuff for me to consider there. Cheers.