New to me K1200LT

foot flaps

yes I made them, very simple. some people use plastic cut from an oil bottle.

I had uneven idling which turned out to be two separate issues :

A split intake manifold rubber boot and a Fuel Injector O ring failure

After twenty years the rubber on the bike is just hard and brittle

Also changed out the fuel distribution hose

A friend has a Triumph Sprint ST, bought new in 2000 and well looked after. It's a lovely bike and mechanically has been very reliable for all sorts of riding, including a spell as a commuter into London. However, it has been rendered effectively worthless by all the rubber bits that have become brittle and split - air hoses, fuel hoses, fuel seals, connecting hoses... The price (even assuming the parts are still available) and time required to change everything make it a non-starter (in every sense).

A friend has a Triumph Sprint ST, bought new in 2000 and well looked after. It's a lovely bike and mechanically has been very reliable for all sorts of riding, including a spell as a commuter into London. However, it has been rendered effectively worthless by all the rubber bits that have become brittle and split - air hoses, fuel hoses, fuel seals, connecting hoses... The price (even assuming the parts are still available) and time required to change everything make it a non-starter (in every sense).

Thankfully I have now changed out all of the old rubber parts which were all readily available so the bike should be good fo a fair few more years now ;-)

Did you also replace the brake hoses ?

I'm fettling a 1996 Pan European, and all of the moulded hoses with complex connx for the LBS are now EoL from Honda.

I'm discussing with Venhill the options for reproducing a full ST1100 ABS/LBS kit - 17 hoses.

I'm fettling a 1996 Pan European, and all of the moulded hoses with complex connx for the LBS are now EoL from Honda.

I'm discussing with Venhill the options for reproducing a full ST1100 ABS/LBS kit - 17 hoses.

Yes - if you read above you will see I replaced all of the brake lines with SS braided hoses (Goodridge) ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You could also look at this guy's eBay shop for a possible brake line solution.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/LIGHTENUPGRADE

He has a good reputation over on the Pan European facebook group.

Over the winter the bike has had a new rear main seal , new clutch , all new gearbox seals , new clutch slave cylinder , new throttle cables and a few other bits and bobs

This weekend I upgraded the front end to the later style forks and lower bridge which has 0.5° more rake and 15mm more trail" from a 2005 model

This should help with low speed handling

Fitted a new ball joint and also put on a HyperPro progressive spring

Also fitted the later EVO brake calipers which I fully refurbished and a pair of discs with new bobbins and wave washers

Only issue was I ran out of SS Torx bolts so have to order some more so still got a few corroded caliper bolts to swap out :-(

Brakes feel really good with lots of stopping power and the ABS II works fine

Its all ready now for this years trip down to Spain

afhu0o.jpg

33ju8h5.jpg

2rqdj82.jpg

10dh8x0.jpg

Nice bike had a test ride in about 1997 and was impressed at the same time had a ride on a C1!!, not so impressed. Read this and suddenly whilst reading about replacing rubber bits I suddenly realised that this
was a l o n g time ago! where does it all go?. Best of luck with a good machine.

Back
Top Bottom