Cruise Control Screw- Difference in pre vs post 1990 versions

B Murr

Reaction score
Someones got a schneider flip-a-lever throttle lock screw for me ready to post out but not sure if it will fit my 1992 R100GS. I see motorworks selling two different versions of the cruise control screw, one seems to fit the pre 1990 bikes and the other fits the post 1990 paralever bikes. Anyone know what the difference might be, I suspect that the difference is that one will have a wider or longer threaded portion, anyone know the answer to this ?

Someones got a schneider flip-a-lever throttle lock screw for me ready to post out but not sure if it will fit my 1992 R100GS. I see motorworks selling two different versions of the cruise control screw, one seems to fit the pre 1990 bikes and the other fits the post 1990 paralever bikes. Anyone know what the difference might be, I suspect that the difference is that one will have a wider or longer threaded portion, anyone know the answer to this ?

Early one screws in under the throttle/twist grip on bikes that have the early one single indicator switch on the L/H side.

The later type (lefthand indicator on the left, righthand indicator on the right with a separate cancel switch) screws into the top of the throttle housing, this also requires the top section of throttle housing. .

On my 95 PD ,with separate indicator switches ,it screws in under the housing.:nenau

It's on its way, I'll update when fitting. Motorworks tell me that re the screws one has about 5mm set back before thread starts but that the threaded portion is same in both. If I find unused threads/exposed threads when fully screwed in I'll get it cut back as far as possible to decrease tbe amount protruding below bars. The blanking plug on mine us under the switchgear/throttle housing

Installed the Schneider Flip a Lever cruise control. Plugged hole is located rear of the nut for the right hand mirror. Very simple, remove plug, remove mirror nut plastic cover if you have one, apply light grease to threads of Flip a Lever, thread in gently so as to not cross these fine threads, throttle lock position is when lever is at 90 degrees as per pic. Most of the time it's going to be an ornament but will be a bit of relief on a longer haul. It doesn't completely lock the throttle, throttle could still be moved against the friction of the levers plastic core if necessary ( as in if in a situation where no time to flip the Lever, stray dog etc) Lever positioned so can be unlocked with a flip of the thumb. The device can be used on later 1100 models too which is the setup that Steptoe was probably thinking of where the hole is above the switchgear. First pic showing plastic plug partially dislodged. If anyone else want one PM me and I'll let them know if another comes up.

Attachments

• DSC_0052.jpg
    DSC_0052.jpg
    247.2 KB · Views: 117
  • DSC_0050.jpg
    DSC_0050.jpg
    247.5 KB · Views: 115
  • DSC_0033.jpg
    DSC_0033.jpg
    244.9 KB · Views: 115
  • DSC_0030.jpg
    DSC_0030.jpg