Yorkshire dales

Where abouts are you travelling to? It’s a big place in case you didn’t know.

Another recommendation for Dent - I'd be happy to stay either of the pubs or any of the B&Bs

It's in the West Riding of Yorkshire - no self-respecting Yorkshireman recognises the post-1974 administrative borders ;)

Situated in Dent :thumb

i-2Lvvd69-L.jpg

:beerjug:

All the Dent places we have stayed have all been good, the Sun only has one en suite room from Memory. Have stayed in all the Pubs , hotels in Hawes all have been ok. Not all have off street Parking. Crocketts Restaurant in Hawes was excellent when I stayed last May. :thumby:

I am preferring the Yorkshire Wolds at present - lots of great roads, quirky villages and superb views

If you like genuinely unspoilt (incredibly) old pubs with locals that like to chat, hearty sized food portions and £50 incl breakfast for a single room, I'll share a secret. The Cover Bridge Inn, East Witton near Leyburn. It's in the heart of great riding territory too. Downsides are that some people think it's a hovel and I'd caution that there's nothing else in the vicinity.

If you like genuinely unspoilt (incredibly) old pubs with locals that like to chat, hearty sized food portions and £50 incl breakfast for a single room, I'll share a secret. The Cover Bridge Inn, East Witton near Leyburn. It's in the heart of great riding territory too. Downsides are that some people think it's a hovel and I'd caution that there's nothing else in the vicinity.

No it's a good pub and seems popular judging by the amount of punters in the car park & beer garden
Famous for their Gammon platters
https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel...t_Witton_North_Yorkshire_England.html?m=19905

Back
Top Bottom