Scrambler 1200

Thruxton R with full Ohlins is £12,400 with the Entry level bike at £11k....

£13-14k will be too high.... needs to be circa £12k

Thruxton R with full Ohlins is £12,400 with the Entry level bike at £11k....

£13-14k will be too high.... needs to be circa £12k

Agreed. That's into adventure bike territory and simply too much for what is really a plaything (still can't see where this bike is meant to sit, even if I do see the appeal of the styling).

NEC today . Best bike there. Big like a proper bike . Fitted me at 6 foot 6 really nice ergonomics . Lovely looking and kept going back to it. Test riding one this week. You can fit a top box and it’s a proper usable retro . Beautiful in XE guise . Green and white for me . Loved it so may switch to a trumpet:green gri:confused::thumb

Lalalalalalalalaalalalalalalalaal I’m not listening...

Test ride you say? I was told March 2019.....

NEC today . Best bike there. Big like a proper bike . Fitted me at 6 foot 6 really nice ergonomics . Lovely looking and kept going back to it. Test riding one this week. You can fit a top box and it’s a proper usable retro . Beautiful in XE guise . Green and white for me . Loved it so may switch to a trumpet:green gri:confused::thumb

Lalalalalalalalaalalalalalalalaal I’m not listening...

Test ride you say? I was told March 2019.....

Destination triumph near me e mailed me when I got home it’s there. Would fit you:D I’m giving it a go . Much bigger than the Bmw scrambler. Looks lovely :thumb2

Six modes intelligent abs / cornering abs etc gold forks what’s not to like . Oh and you can filter. The screens look a joke but luggage capable key to lock it and open the tank otherwise keyless:green gri I feckin loved it ...... That and the new BMW e scoot with 100 mile range that will replace my t max:eek:

Yep sat on one at the show yesterday - good looking bike and felt roomy.

Not convinced that it will tempt me off my R9T Scrambler now I have got it sorted but will have to have a play when Pidcocks have a demo in ;)

:thumb2
Yep sat on one at the show yesterday - good looking bike and felt roomy.

Not convinced that it will tempt me off my R9T Scrambler now I have got it sorted but will have to have a play when Pidcocks have a demo in ;)

Buit for gullivers like me and Twiz it could be a real contender. The NEC was dominated by adventure bikes . That makes me feel like , I don’t know , a bit like I’m following the masses. Years Go when I bought my 1150GSA it was very unusual, and I kind of liked that . The new Triumph , ok its a retro scrambler but fits me like the R9T scrambler didn’t . Plus you can add useful stuff like a top box so I can use it every day . I had the early tigers / thunderbirds and loved them. All the recent triumphs have left me cold but I so loved the new 1200 . It really is a beautiful bike and you could feck off anywhere on it:thumb2:thumb2:thumb2

:thumb2

Buit for gullivers like me and Twiz it could be a real contender. The NEC was dominated by adventure bikes . That makes me feel like , I don’t know , a bit like I’m following the masses. Years Go when I bought my 1150GSA it was very unusual, and I kind of liked that . The new Triumph , ok its a retro scrambler but fits me like the R9T scrambler didn’t . Plus you can add useful stuff like a top box so I can use it every day . I had the early tigers / thunderbirds and loved them. All the recent triumphs have left me cold but I so loved the new 1200 . It really is a beautiful bike and you could feck off anywhere on it:thumb2:thumb2:thumb2

Ah yes - keep forgetting that I am a bit of a midget at only 6' 3" :D

To be honest left the show having not been tempted by anything in particular and was happy riding back on my 1290 SAS ;)

Yes fully agree after seeing it, need to bin that seat and a decent screen, it''l be a stunner....

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom