How to transfer images from Mac to ipad?

stolzy

Reaction score
i'd have guessed this was piece of piss, but it looks like it's impossible.

Could do, could also use DropBox, but it takes and age for a reasonable number of largish pics.

Need it done now - got the Pad and mac USBed together, but there doesn't seem a way to do it. Used to work through iTunes, but there's no Photos tab anymore.

Could do, could also use DropBox, but it takes and age for a reasonable number of largish pics.

Need it done now - got the Pad and mac USBed together, but there doesn't seem a way to do it. Used to work through iTunes, but there's no Photos tab anymore.

Make sure that your Mac and iPad are linked and the pics should show up in 'My Photstream' on both devices

I've had apple products for years and they seem to over complicate everything these days. Even what you think should be the simplest of tasks turn into some sort of technological nightmare.

I've always found this site handy for anything Apple related. https://www.macrumors.com

Where is 'My Photostream'?

Open 'Photos' on your mac and down the lefthand side of the screen you should find 'My Photostream' in the 'Albums' listing.

On your iPad, you should find it on your 'Albums' screen

As someone said before, AirDrop should do it. Switch it on in settings if it’s not an option when you select photos and click/touch share. It needs to be on in both devices and you may need both up and running at the same time and within range.

Open 'Photos' on your mac and down the lefthand side of the screen you should find 'My Photostream' in the 'Albums' listing.

On your iPad, you should find it on your 'Albums' screen
Nope. Under 'Albums' I have 'Media Types' (Videos, Selfies etc) and 'My Albums'. Nothing else.

I think using Airdrop is the easiest
No AirDrop app on my iPad (it is an oldish one).

Why do I need to use wireless technology when the iPad and mac can communicate using good old reliable USB?

Use USB cable - that will work.

As mentioned, Airdrop is the bestest way of sending them between devices.

Use USB cable - that will work.
Don't think so. I can see the iPad from the Mac (in Photos and iTunes), but I don't see any way to transfer images
As mentioned, Airdrop is the bestest way of sending them between devices.
Perhaps, but I don't seem to have Airdrop in the iPad.

The iPad will appear as a drive on your MacBook - so you can go into the photo folder and drag/drop the pics?

But - install airdrop (if possible) - best.

Connect iPad to Mac.

Open photos on Mac

Ensure iPad is unlocked

Click n iPad icon in photos

Click on import photos

Then sync iPad and Mac using iTunes

Back
Top Bottom