Can anybody suggest how I can close a Pipex.dsl email account?

shedracer

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Can anybody suggest how I can close a Pipex.dsl email account?

I have had this email for donkeys years and now only use it as a junk email address, as it can only receive and not send from. I keep receiving emails that suggest my account has been hacked, suggesting they have change the password, but I know they haven’t.

I understand that TalkTalks are now the keepers of this pipex account and I have tried to get them to delete the account, as this account nolonger allows me access to any of the setting or password changing, I can only log in and read email. TalkTalks say only they can perform this now, but they have never return my calls or email request. I want to completely close and delete this account, but it is proving very difficult to do.

With the recent new Data protection rules, surely TalkTalks are not protecting my rights to close this account, due threats from potential hackers?

What can I say to TalkTalks, that will get them to take this seriously.

Hope someone can give some helpful advice.
Cheers :thumby:

I have 2 pipex email accounts and I’m getting emails too saying my account has been hacked but they do supply a password, not the one for the email account but one I do use for forums!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If its of no importance stop collecting the email from it, once the allocated space is full it will either bounce the mail back or be closed.

Looking at the Google issues with pipex accounts there are two websites for the email so one may allow you more access to account peroperties if you want to try

http://www.talktalk.co.uk/mail
https://netmail.pipex.net/

Thanks for all your replies, I contacted live chat on the 28th of September, gave them all relevent information, still waiting for a reply, some 4 weeks later!

I have also tried both those sites and it doesn’t appear to give me access to the properties, to change password or close account.

I’m going to try Live Chat again, but I was hoping there would be some legal phrase I could quote, which might make them act on my request to close and delete the email account.

Just ignore it. I'm not sure how anyone can "hack" you via an inactive email account. They need you to access it and click a phishing link to get software on your devices.

Like a wasp nest, if you stop poking it, it is harmless and will eventually die.

If you need a disposable account for forum signups etc then just open a gmail account.

Back
Top Bottom