Riding spot light things

King Rat

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Those extra lights that make a triangle of headlights..... any recommendations for which ones to get. Forget the Denali type things - I don't have a lottery win. :blast

There are some blue, oval ones on there, (one is broken in the crash).. inside I have found Li-tech and they are a 55w bulb, not LED type. Does this sound any bells in anyone's memory please? If I could get the same again I wouldn't need to worry about the wiring at all.... otherwise that gets complicated for (not for you patient, clever chaps with a workshop, I understand that).

What would people recommend please. It is only these lights, fuel quick detach fittings and the crash bars to fit now. Then she is done! :thumby:

It depends upon what you're looking for, if it is just the ufo triangle of lights then daytime running lights are the thing. Not focussed and throw light out in all directions, hopefully making you more visible.

If it is extra light to see by, then look at Cree leds, although spots with a decent led bulb will be cheaper (just make sure they fit inside) and consume less current.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

It depends upon what you're looking for, if it is just the ufo triangle of lights then daytime running lights are the thing. Not focussed and throw light out in all directions, hopefully making you more visible.

If it is extra light to see by, then look at Cree leds, although spots with a decent led bulb will be cheaper (just make sure they fit inside) and consume less current.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

I don't know what they were. I need to replace the broken one, so a pair is needed really - I was shown they come on when you press the cancel button for 1 second.... extra lighting looking down the road, one each side on the GS mounting bracket. Some I have seen have 3 modes, which I definitely don't want, I can't be scrolling through to get the 'mode' I want. Just plain old on and off will do! I am on a budget, of course. Google just brings up the same, restricted tat every time. There doesn't seem to be much variety out there. All cheap Chinese crap, very expenive...but not much in between.

I was recently told that there have been a number of SMIDSY type crashes where car drivers were confused by the three lights and thought it was a car, but further away.

I personally ride with mine on.

That was the argument that caused the Yamaha Fazer to have only one of the lights lit on dip
Can almost follow the logic but not where a triangle is concerned

I was recently told that there have been a number of SMIDSY type crashes where car drivers were confused by the three lights and thought it was a car, but further away.

I personally ride with mine on.

I've just fitted a pair of these. Nice white light and a flat beam pattern so shouldn't dazzle at night.
I already had a loom & switch fitted from my now defunct Givi lights so I just wired them to that.
You can also get the lights complete with a relay, loom & switch - Here
Only problem I have is that my SW Motech bars aren't parallel to the ground and so the lights are at an angle making the beam also at an angle. I'm getting a plastic part machined to add another angular adjustment to rectify this.
b15d4e4a85d6f1d2035cd4c29b34ff72.jpg

Brilliant - thank you. I have been searchng for about 4 or 5 months and couldn't find anything like them......but that is because I am useless with a computer.
Thank you very much.

It helps when you’ve been here so long you remember the old stuff we used to fit :D

I knew they were ring lights so it did make searching for them a lot easier.

It helps when you’ve been here so long you remember the old stuff we used to fit :D

I knew they were ring lights so it did make searching for them a lot easier.

I have been here a while, but there is no way I can remember what I have done to the bike over the years! But, funnily enough I can remember some of the stuff I did to the Morini over 30 years ago. :)

This is the bike I bought off Phil and it had them on when it came - and he didn't know what they were either! Anyway, those you pointed out to me are on their way, so thank you. :beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom