Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Macbooks

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnie comet View Post
    I'm typing this on a 2015 13 inch MacBook Pro...Retina display.

It's on it's 3rd screen (Google MacBook 'Staingate') and the tab down button is now sticking.

I'm old school, things TEND to last me ages. This MacBook has never been out of the house other than for repair.

FWIW..I wouldn't touch anything Apple/Retina again.
    Good info, did not know that wifey has an early 2013 retina 15 inch model that is in the list, she uses it daily, and not a slightest stain on her screen, maybe she got lucky, at least they replace the screen which is good news.

Quote Originally Posted by Smogbob View Post
    Good info, did not know that wifey has an early 2013 retina 15 inch model that is in the list, she uses it daily, and not a slightest stain on her screen, maybe she got lucky, at least they replace the screen which is good news.
    I have a late 2013 model, all singing dancing 13" retina bought early 2014, screen is perfect, it's only used once a day for around 1hr to send emails and browse the web so very little use really, tbh its waisted on me but I like ease of use, the keys 2 - S - W work intermittently, I paid for the additional warranty that has expired now however Apple want £500 to replace the keyboard, I'm having to call upon my 6 yr consumer rights.

Quote Originally Posted by DING-DONG View Post
    I have a late 2013 model, all singing dancing 13" retina bought early 2014, screen is perfect, it's only used once a day for around 1hr to send emails and browse the web so very little use really, tbh its waisted on me but I like ease of use, the keys 2 - S - W work intermittently, I paid for the additional warranty that has expired now however Apple want £500 to replace the keyboard, I'm having to call upon my 6 yr consumer rights.
    It is possible to diy change but very difficult.

https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/MacBook...lacement/77657

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    I've got a 2008 15" MacBook Pro. It's getting a bit long in the tooth now and I'm wondering whether to replace it or upgrade it. I'm not that computer savvy so I don't know what's involved.

What's brought it up is I've been offered a good deal on a refurbished 13" MacBook Pro.

Really don't know, so ideas would be greatly appreciated.
    I have a 2012 MacBook Pro and been able to upgrade RAM and fit SSD.

This still runs latest software (for now).

If you want to use photo software do you need to stick with a laptop?

Is the refurbished laptop a better deal than this IMac?

http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthr...highlight=iMac

well just a little twisted Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbolt View Post
    I have a 2012 MacBook Pro and been able to upgrade RAM and fit SSD.

This still runs latest software (for now).

If you want to use photo software do you need to stick with a laptop?

Is the refurbished laptop a better deal than this IMac?

http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthr...highlight=iMac
    That's a cracking deal no argument. It's all given me food for thought.

Quote Originally Posted by DING-DONG View Post
    As I said up thread, my tab down button is starting to stick....I'm guessing that other keys with come out in sympathy soon.

I was wondering how much a new keyboard would cost..... ....

Quote Originally Posted by jonnie comet View Post
    As I said up thread, my tab down button is starting to stick....I'm guessing that other keys with come out in sympathy soon.

I was wondering how much a new keyboard would cost..... ....
    They ‘only’ wanted £410 out of me - for a new keyboard on my 380 day old MacBook Pro.............

Managed to get it free after claiming UK Consumer Rights Law - but they started off fairly insistent that I should have taken their 3-yr warranty...........
    If I am ever on life support - Unplug me......
    Then plug me back in..........

See if that works .....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12