Planning my 2019 Alp route

Great place for a night or two, love the Brewery in town, Hotel Montanina next door to it is a great place to stop ;-)

Rasher... you leave me conflicted

"At the bottom rather than going through Livigno Head south over the Gavia Pass"

:blast:rolleyes:

Rasher... you leave me conflicted

"At the bottom rather than going through Livigno Head south over the Gavia Pass"

:blast:rolleyes:

From Bormio (SW side of the Stelvio) the shortest route is to head NW to Livigno or go SE following Rasher's route or SW following my suggestion.

None are bad options, spend an extra night in Livigno and ride around the lot of them ;-)

I've got all the hotels provisionally booked but like I had previously mentioned I have enough slack in my timings to make adjustments. I know the usual group are happy to follow my plans but my friends from the US tend to be more 'erratic' :)

I spent 3 nights in Livigno last year, brilliant place and ever better for playing around the Swiss passes without being ripped off for 60s decor Swiss hotels.

I've got all the hotels provisionally booked but like I had previously mentioned I have enough slack in my timings to make adjustments. I know the usual group are happy to follow my plans but my friends from the US tend to be more 'erratic' :)

Sounds good. I like to be a bit "erratic" too! That's why I don't book accommodation until I know where I'll be stopping for the night.

FREE! I looked at the web site and it's €49.95 per year.

They have changed things a bit, obviously to try and get more paying users, it looks like you have to take a free trial first - "No obligations. Basic functionality is always free after registration"

My guess is they hope after paying for the full version you won't want the free one, if you do a lot of route planning it is great, you can switch between TomTom, Garmin and Google route calculations and have even more map overlay options, I find Garmin (Here) best for routing as you can disable seasonal closures easily, then I switch between various overlays TomTom is best for distinguishing main roads from minor roads, from goat tracks and Michelin best for finding scenic routes and passes.

Probably not such great value for someone who goes on one trip a year beyond their own postcode.

I'll give it a go.

You do not need the navigation app if using a Garmin or Tom Tom, just the MRA Gold 29.95 a year - but that still sounds damned expensive, I got a lifetime gold membership by paying before they had finished developing it, seeing what they charge now it looks like I made a good investment.

Back
Top Bottom