Nippy Normans supply Touratech, Wunderlich and many other makes of accessories. Fantastic service and unbelievable performance.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kits to recode pannier locks.

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    well, as you see from my location, so am I... BD10... send me a PM...

Quote Originally Posted by beaver View Post
    well, as you see from my location, so am I... BD10... send me a PM...
    You are literally just down the road from me. PM incoming.

Quote Originally Posted by BountyHunter View Post
    You are literally just down the road from me. PM incoming.
    Told you so, I must have psychic powers............

I think I may have fathomed out how to do this, but my god it’s a fiddly job. I need some more number 3 wafers and a couple of springs as some of the springs aren’t in the best of nick.

I’ve spoken with Beaver who very kindly has offered to help out, hopefully I’ll be able to blag some bits from him and finish the job off. We Bradfordians have to stick together you know.

We Bradfordians have to stick together you know.
    Case of beer might help also...............

This afternoon job for me as well. Just picked up as set of locks from Chester Motorrad to fit to the used panniers I bought earlier this week. All in, half the price of a new set. Just need a bit of polishing.

Quote Originally Posted by Victor c View Post
    This afternoon job for me as well. Just picked up as set of locks from Chester Motorrad to fit to the used panniers I bought earlier this week. All in, half the price of a new set. Just need a bit of polishing.
    Sounds like you’ve gone down the exact same route as me. No point wasting good money when you can get what you need at half price.

I’d just like to say, many thanks to Beaver for coming round today and giving me the bits I needed to finish off the lock coding. The job is finished and they are all set to go on the bike tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by BountyHunter View Post
    Sounds like you’ve gone down the exact same route as me. No point wasting good money when you can get what you need at half price.
    And it killed an hour on a wet Saturday afternoon. Locks were easy to code (once I realised two slots are left empty). Well chuffed with the result after a bit of elbow grease on the pannier outside faces. Just after some inner bags now.

Quote Originally Posted by Victor c View Post
    And it killed an hour on a wet Saturday afternoon. Locks were easy to code (once I realised two slots are left empty). Well chuffed with the result after a bit of elbow grease on the pannier outside faces. Just after some inner bags now.
    two slots?

Quote Originally Posted by beaver View Post
    two slots?
    Yes. One closest the outside (antidrill tumbler for ignition barrel) and second to last (next to locking tab). For the alloy panniers I have.

Recoded my varios yesterday. you dont really need all the wafers, i only used 4 in each barrel. At the end of day if they want the varios open they just need a screwdriver to break the handle up and there gone. No one is going to mess about drilling or trying keys on varios

When I did mine after buying from this site BMW Dealer was really helpful in giving me the ones that were missing

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12