Nippy Normans supply Touratech, Wunderlich and many other makes of accessories. Fantastic service and unbelievable performance.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kits to recode pannier locks.

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe

Kits to recode pannier locks.

I’m buying some second hand ali panniers for the LC GSA and wondered if anyone knows where I can purchase in the UK the kits to recode the pannier locks to my ignition key. I’ve tried my local bmw dealer and Nippy Norman’s to no avail.

Ta,

If they are BMW panniers your dealer is a clown...not uncommon unfortunately

Part number is 77498544517

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/show...diagId=77_0635

Motorworks or the like will probably do them as an online alternative.

Quote Originally Posted by BountyHunter View Post
    I’m buying some second hand ali panniers for the LC GSA and wondered if anyone knows where I can purchase in the UK the kits to recode the pannier locks to my ignition key. I’ve tried my local bmw dealer and Nippy Norman’s to no avail.

Ta,
    Your local dealer is talking out of his arse. Find an alternative BMW dealer.

Dark Side of the Moon (Haute Loire) France
    Make sure you take the barrels out (or ask the seller to do it) using the original key when you buy them

Try recoding them with the original tumblers you may already have enough

Ta,
    I bought a pair on from this parish and took them to my local dealer who recoded them for free.

Ta,
    I bought a pair on from this parish and took them to my local dealer who recoded them for free.

Many thanks for the responses. The barrels are out but there is no spare key. It seems if the lock catches are open you can release the locks from the rear.

Did mine last week - used this thread: http://www.mototrip-tours.com/blog/w...mw-case-locks/

With the exception of one tumblers I was able to re-code by swapping the tumblers around. No need for a kit!

I didn;t have the key from the original owner, but the panniers were not locked.

20 mins for the first pannier (learning) then just a couple of mins for the 2nd one once I knew what to do
    K1200RS
    R1200GS LC

Many thanks for the responses. The barrels are out but there is no spare key. It seems if the lock catches are open you can release the locks from the rear.
    Yes you can. You can see the end of the wafer that holds the barrel in place. It just needs something thin enough to push it inwards which then allows the barrel to be pushed out. Be careful at this point because the wafers and springs, ( especially the springs...), will fall out never to be seen again.
    Fiddly but easy enough to do.

As others have said find a better dealer. When I sold my Varios to make way for an Ali set I agreed to sort the locks out for the new owner. I could see that I needed a few extra number 2 wafers. Popped in to my dealer who chucked me a couple of locks they had on the shelf to help myself to the wafers.

I’ve called Motorworks and they have the parts in stock, they were very helpful, more so than my BMW dealer.

Thanks for all the responses.

Where abouts are you?.. I have a bag full.. bring e'm round and we can re-code them

That said.. are they the same as the Vario?.. guess they are??

Quote Originally Posted by beaver View Post
    Where abouts are you?.. I have a bag full.. bring e'm round and we can re-code them

That said.. are they the same as the Vario?.. guess they are??
    I’m in a sleepy little village called Bradford!

I’m in a sleepy little village called Bradford!
    Probably beaver,s next door neighbour

Quote Originally Posted by Smogbob View Post
    Probably beaver,s next door neighbour
    Now that would be convenient!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast