Muffs

Yogibear69

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I know they look a bit funny but want to keep riding through the winter so looking for some bar muff recommendations. I have the extended hand yards so assume i have to take these off and just leave the standard ones on. Its a 2017 1200 gs if that makes any difference
i like these and the wunderlick ones but they are very expensive https://www.nippynormans.com/f800r-f800s-f800st/givi-over-handguard-handlebar-muffs

I use the Wunderlich ones and they fit with the Givi extended hand guards. Take 2 mins to fit at most and can go on and off as needed.

Yogi,
Ive just pulled out from my loft my pair of R319N Turcano Muffs ive had on my 2009 GSA a few times.
There is nothing wrong with them and fit over the extended handguards with a push, £40 posted.
Eggsy

I use Tucano. Rode through last winter in vented summer gloves and rarely switched the heated grips on. I'm sure they're no better than others, but they really make a huge difference in comfort - purchased off this site used and best £35 I've spent, well worth it.

Yogi,
Ive just pulled out from my loft my pair of R319N Turcano Muffs ive had on my 2009 GSA a few times.
There is nothing wrong with them and fit over the extended handguards with a push, £40 posted.
Eggsy

buy these - I have a pair, currently on my XR but previously used on a Super Ten & R1150GS

seems no longer available new as not listed on the maker's website and out of stock on UK sites

Yogi,
Eggsy
If Yogi doesn't want these, I'll have them

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Eggsy, i have PMd you my email if you could send some pictures would be great, very interested

I commute year round so I got givi tm421 ones. They are for adv bikes so are made to go over handguards. I just wear summer gloves then which i prefer and hands never wet or cold throughout the winter.

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

I am getting old. I used to scoff at the thought of muffs now I’m thinking how nice and warm they look.
Plus they have the added benefit of keeping the worst of the winter crap off the very rugged and reliable bmw switchgear:)

I am getting old. I used to scoff at the thought of muffs now I’m thinking how nice and warm they look.
Plus they have the added benefit of keeping the worst of the winter crap off the very rugged and reliable bmw switchgear:)

Once used there is no going back :)

Muffs, heated grips on 1 and summer gloves in the pissing rain and freezing cold is not to be scoffed at :thumb2

Andres

No doubt those Tucano muffs will work great as they completely cover your hand, however I’ve found that type of muff “claustrophobic” for my hands when wanting to open and close my visor etc.

I have used the bark buster ones over hand guards for the last 2 winters. Although they don’t keep as much water off in slow traffic I prefer the freedom of them and they do work well with heated grips.

No doubt those Tucano muffs will work great as they completely cover your hand, however I’ve found that type of muff “claustrophobic” for my hands when wanting to open and close my visor etc.

I have used the bark buster ones over hand guards for the last 2 winters. Although they don’t keep as much water off in slow traffic I prefer the freedom of them and they do work well with heated grips.

It becomes intuitive, so much so I don't need to look to get my hand back in the right place. Even after not using them for 9 months between seasons. I tend to push the furry bits inside as the cuffs of my jacket seal well enough. Access might be more tricky if you use the fluffy bits as gaiters.

I will probably go for a more open pair to start with or I would probably feel like my hands were trapped.

I can’t believe how mature everyone is being discussing how warm their muffs are and not one schoolboy snigger.

I will probably go for a more open pair to start with or I would probably feel like my hands were trapped.

Ahh yes, a muff with a nice open pair is always preferable....

I can’t believe how mature everyone is being discussing how warm their muffs are and not one schoolboy snigger.

Happy now..... :augie

Back
Top Bottom