Flat Spot

Brodie13

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Done to death, I’m sure, but what’s the cheapest way to restore a slight flat spot between 2750-3200rpm on my R1200GS 2007? (or shouldn’t it have one :D) I’m running the standard exhaust set up and didn’t want to upgrade....... :thumb2

Done to death, I’m sure, but what’s the cheapest way to restore a slight flat spot between 2750-3200rpm on my R1200GS 2007? (or shouldn’t it have one :D) I’m running the standard exhaust set up and didn’t want to upgrade....... :thumb2
I can sell you a flat spot, one previously careless owner.

Sadly they all do that sir, it's called character; and on a Japanese bike, a fault.

There are several different solutions to this problem, and anyone who disagrees with a differing point of view is seen as an heretic and major fuckwit.

I preferred hilltop, but others have made different choices.

The main deciders maybe; if you are going to own bike long-term, if you intend to replace/upgrade over time, and whether you will get a newer BMW in which case you may wish bits you can swap over to newer model.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Not experienced this "flat spot" on my 2008 1200, valves checked and adjusted every year, new air filter at the same time and check throttle body sync afterwards (not had to adjust thus far 24k miles).
Standard exhaust and no other engine mods. Revs cleanly from idle right up to 6k, not gone much past this due to mechanical sympathy :D
Also only ever use super unleaded fuel.

:thumb

Have it remapped at Hilltop is one option or go the Power Commander route, other choices may be available.

The AF-XiED lambda shifter is one option but it works across the whole range so for me the remap would be favourite.

Saying that mine had a horrible flat spot that was solved with a Power Commander V.

Back
Top Bottom