Barkbuster Blizzard Hand Guards

Warlord

Do Not Resuscitate
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Decided to swap over my Barkbuster Storm hand guards, to the Blizzard Handguards for winter on the Africa Twin.

Anybody used them before?

I steered away from muffs, as I need to still see the controls (DCT) and I don't want them closing up if I remove my hand while riding to open or close my visor (I've heard muffs can be fiddly to get your hand back in, especially at my age)... ahem.

Heated grips need to be gripped or my fingers go cold, so hopefully these will do a decent job keeping windchill away

I have them on my dct, like them a lot, all the controls are still easy enough to use and can use fairly thin gloves in winter..

Bought them last year so I could ride to Italy with just summer gloves on even if it poured down. Easy to fit , make sure you insert the metal tang to keep them roughly horizontal. Keeps all the wind and rain off but there is no limitation on accessing clutch and brake, pluse you can see your hands.

Lastly must increase effectiveness of heated grips by 50%
Steve

I've had them on mine for a few years now and really rate them, so much so I can't be arsed taking them off unless it gets properly scorchio.
Mark

Very good, thanks guys :)

I have them on my dct, like them a lot, all the controls are still easy enough to use and can use fairly thin gloves in winter..

Any pics please? Just wondered what they look like on the DCT

Considering these too - they need to be much, much better than the Wunderlich/Givi/Toucano versions though at almost £200 to warrant it.
FFS- Toucano do HEATED muffs for £120

Considering these too - they need to be much, much better than the Wunderlich/Givi/Toucano versions though at almost £200 to warrant it.
FFS- Toucano do HEATED muffs for £120

Eh?.... they're only £80

I’ve got an as new pair sitting in the garage . Used them on my Guzzi Sport for a couple of trips and really rate them too. I’ve not used them on the Crosstourer as I’ve got Givi/Kappa handguards extensions + heated grips.

:thumb

The Blizzard are on their own BUT if you don't already have the Barkbusters then they will not fit despite them stating they will.
R&G used mine to let them know this after having to return them in person with the bike to rule out "user error".
So add the £80 to the £118 that the rest of the setup is.....

Bought them last year so I could ride to Italy with just summer gloves on even if it poured down. Easy to fit , make sure you insert the metal tang to keep them roughly horizontal. Keeps all the wind and rain off but there is no limitation on accessing clutch and brake, pluse you can see your hands.

Lastly must increase effectiveness of heated grips by 50%
Steve

Can these fit over GS hand guards or do those need to be removed?

3hrs on the bike today and it only stopped raining for about 10mins...I think I need something to protect my hands!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve got an as new pair sitting in the garage . Used them on my Guzzi Sport for a couple of trips and really rate them too. I’ve not used them on the Crosstourer as I’ve got Givi/Kappa handguards extensions + heated grips.

Do you want to move them on?

3hrs on the bike today and it only stopped raining for about 10mins...I think I need something to protect my hands!

No they don't AND you will need the specific Barkbusters kit to fit them too as the "universal mounting kit" supplied isn't and won't work with the GS bars even if you try drilling out the holes, etc which R&G did to try and get them to fit as Barkbusters had said they would.

So you need this

https://www.rg-racing.com/browsetype/barkbusters/BMW/R1200GS/BB-BHG-050-02-NP/

AND

https://www.rg-racing.com/browsetype/barkbusters/Universal/Universal/BB-BBZ-001-00-BK/

Plus

https://www.rg-racing.com/browsetype/barkbusters/Universal/Universal/BB-STM-003-00-BK/

If you want what Warlord has.
Hence my comment "at almost £200"

I might go back to my original idea of the Tucanos then.

Cheers.

The Blizzard are on their own BUT if you don't already have the Barkbusters then they will not fit despite them stating they will.
R&G used mine to let them know this after having to return them in person with the bike to rule out "user error".
So add the £80 to the £118 that the rest of the setup is.....

Oh... sorry, I didn't know that.

U

I fitted Batkbuster Blizzards directly over the existing hand guards on my GS LC (when I owned it) with no problems at all!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    246 KB · Views: 265
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    242.2 KB · Views: 256
The Barkbuster blizzards arrived today, and even though they said it wouldn't fit over the Barkbuster Storm handguards.... they did, sort of.

On the Africa Twin my mirrors get in the way, and the bottom half is flared out a bit, but I still have the Storm handguards fitted for extra impact safety and all seems ok :nenau

I'll try them out soon and see what happens once on the move.

Attachments

• Blizzard 2.jpg
    Blizzard 2.jpg
    244 KB · Views: 246
  • Blizzard 3.jpg
    Blizzard 3.jpg
    241 KB · Views: 252
  • Blizzard 4.jpg
    Blizzard 4.jpg
    234.4 KB · Views: 254
I fitted Batkbuster Blizzards directly over the existing hand guards on my GS LC (when I owned it) with no problems at all!

And mine are fitted directly over the standard BMW hand guards on my '05 1200 GS.

DSC_0232-L.jpg

Sorry, don't have a better picture.
Mark

Back
Top Bottom