Another KTM dealer bailing.

It's a thin line between attentive and pushy.

Either gets a lot of punishment here :)

on the other hand...

I was there a couple of weeks back with a friend talking about chopping in his V Strom for a Guzzi. They seemed pretty helpful and offered what both of us thought was a pretty good trade in.

The fish finger sarnies in the cafe are rather nice.

The cafe is excellent! As is the outdoor courtyard for relaxing, eating and reflecting that MV Brutale's look great but ride awful!

Who knows, but irrespective, it shouldn't be too much trouble to have a chat with customers taking an interest in the bikes they are wanting to sell, should it?

No,

I went for a bike ride with a mate who was looking at new cars, he was considering a Range Rover and had enough cash in the bank to buy anything they had in their range, we rocked up in bike gear and got a warm welcome, but he said he had gone into purveyors of cheaper vehicles only to be shunned by some salesman who seemed to think they were well above him and he obviously could not afford one of their fine vehicles....

...He certainly did not buy one from them!

Plus that "time wasting" Muppet in the showroom today could win the lottery or get a huge inheritance tomorrow (or just sign away his next 20 years wages on a Finance Deal) - and how can you waste a salesman's time when talking to them about what they sell whilst they are at work supposedly trying to sell it.

I heard yesterday that there will be a new KTM dealer in Dorset towards the end of the year.

Not sure if it's actually a signed deal or not (I forgot to ask), but looks like Moto Corsa in Gillingham could be getting the franchise.

First delivery of new KTMs today...

79081394_2793241730718887_1638295140252516352_o.jpg

I see that the dealer list on the official KTM site lists MotoCorsa as a 'Street' category dealer, although the dealer's website does not list KTM under their brands link. Does anyone know if they are now franchised and can also provide servicing?

They are franchised and do servicing.

Probably just not updated their website.

Rasher;5438557- and how can you waste a salesman's time when talking to them about what they sell whilst they are at work supposedly trying to sell it.[/QUOTE said:
I have worked in Sales for many years - quite successfully if I dare say so - my industry is complex, ( not retail vehicles) but emotions are similar when people are spending either their money - the finance companies money or somebody else’s money.

My analysis shows that around 70% of our efforts are wasted - hence we put a lot of focus on qualification to ensure that both parties receive the care and attention they deserve - some people react poorly to qualification - it’s a gentle skill that needs to be learnt by experience.

I absolutely love KTM bikes and until recently had 3 different models 350 EXC, 690 Enduro and 1190R owned at the same time, all have been faultless as have all my previous models from 1999 and I’ve had a few. I was disappointed when I heard that LeisureTrail in Nottingham were stopping dealing with them. I recently saw a FB post stating that they were carrying on as a dealer and could still supply bikes but not carry out any warranty work, so I went down to see them and find out the reason.
The owner told me how KTM were dictating how the business was run and how they had withheld a sizeable bonus which was due, the long and short of it is that LeisureTrail told them to collect all the bikes in the showroom (68 I think) and that they were stopping selling them. There is a fair bit more to this but I can’t blame the decision that they took as I would have done the same, however KTM have lost a great dealer and more than likely me also. I was considering the 790R but will look at the Yamaha T7 instead. If they treat all the dealers the same I think more will go the same way.

As the owner of your 1190R I think exactly the same as you about the demise of Leisure Trail.
Called in there recently and had a long chat with Pete .
Only open Tuesday & Friday currently and shortly to close for good, or rather BAD!
Have, however had very good service from Redline,Jim Aim & Trevor Pope.

Back
Top Bottom