Another KTM dealer bailing.

Speaking of buying from Jersey! Is there much benefit from doing so?

You save 20% VAT but you pay postage, so probably a real saving of about 10% which I got from Crescent anyway, but not any more.

They don't appear to stock that much, and there is a delay getting the stuff from Austria to them and then on to you. I've bought a fair amount of stuff from them and they've been pretty good.

Crescent is 15 minutes from me. I'll miss that handiness.

Probably because there's no market for 2nd hand large KTMs ...unless they sell them cheap.

You may be right, the one locally has a lot of late LC8 used stock which seems to hang about, maybe as no used warranty is available

On the other hand in the other town, the offroad KTM dealer has very little used stock and what comes in - gets snapped up in a week

Enduro seems to be very busy

South coast KTM owners might be unhappy to see Crescent in Verwood giving up the franchise at the end of the year. For me this means a very convenient (15 mins away) dealer becomes a very inconvenient dealer in Exeter or Bristol FFS!

Still, make the decision whether to service the bike myself or not somewhat easier. Every cloud etc.

Crescent always have and always will be an overpriced and overrated bunch of chest puffers because of their BSB paddock and racing "pedigree"
They've given more than just Aprillia the push.

You obviously need a little help in google-fu though if you think Exeter or Bristol are the nearest dealers from there.
Trevor Pope have been a KTM dealer for over 21yrs, his son was European Supermoto Champion (on a KTM), their race mechanic is KTM factory trained, etc, etc,etc.....

I absolutely love KTM bikes and until recently had 3 different models 350 EXC, 690 Enduro and 1190R owned at the same time, all have been faultless as have all my previous models from 1999 and I’ve had a few. I was disappointed when I heard that LeisureTrail in Nottingham were stopping dealing with them. I recently saw a FB post stating that they were carrying on as a dealer and could still supply bikes but not carry out any warranty work, so I went down to see them and find out the reason.
The owner told me how KTM were dictating how the business was run and how they had withheld a sizeable bonus which was due, the long and short of it is that LeisureTrail told them to collect all the bikes in the showroom (68 I think) and that they were stopping selling them. There is a fair bit more to this but I can’t blame the decision that they took as I would have done the same, however KTM have lost a great dealer and more than likely me also. I was considering the 790R but will look at the Yamaha T7 instead. If they treat all the dealers the same I think more will go the same way.

Trevor Pope in Gosport......

Crescent is my dealer, and I was intending to go in next week (post NEC visit) to put a deposit on a 790 ADV.

Not sure what to do now - go back to BMW, slide across to Triumph, or travel further to find another KTM Dealer :confused: :(

I'm near Southampton, so Crescent wasn't too bad, but Premier are at least an hour away - I think a few people on here rate them, right?

Just ordered a new 1290 from Premier, they supplied my 1190 new and my 1090 used, service has always been good. They happen to be close to me anyway, but I do not see an hour or so to a dealer to be a big issue most of the time, only a pain if your having the big tappet service - I am sure they will let you try a demo or two while you wait.

Only an hour away, you should try coming from Jersey to premier bikes to get your bike serviced.

You obviously need a little help in google-fu though if you think Exeter or Bristol are the nearest dealers from there.
Trevor Pope have been a KTM dealer for over 21yrs, his son was European Supermoto Champion (on a KTM), their race mechanic is KTM factory trained, etc, etc,etc.....

Exeter and Bristol were the options given in the letter I got today from Crescent as my nearest KTM dealers. Trevor Pope was also mentioned, but covering bikes up to the 790. I'm not sure if they service bikes bigger than that, or just not sell them any more?

I absolutely love KTM bikes and until recently had 3 different models 350 EXC, 690 Enduro and 1190R owned at the same time, all have been faultless as have all my previous models from 1999 and I’ve had a few. I was disappointed when I heard that LeisureTrail in Nottingham were stopping dealing with them. I recently saw a FB post stating that they were carrying on as a dealer and could still supply bikes but not carry out any warranty work, so I went down to see them and find out the reason.
The owner told me how KTM were dictating how the business was run and how they had withheld a sizeable bonus which was due, the long and short of it is that LeisureTrail told them to collect all the bikes in the showroom (68 I think) and that they were stopping selling them. There is a fair bit more to this but I can’t blame the decision that they took as I would have done the same, however KTM have lost a great dealer and more than likely me also. I was considering the 790R but will look at the Yamaha T7 instead. If they treat all the dealers the same I think more will go the same way.

Completely endorse this, had the same story from Pete - just hope they can survive in their slimmed down state.

Why do KTM give such a short warranty and none on a second-hand bike once the original has run out, are they unreliable these days?

2 years isn't that short, is it? I thought that was normal, with a few giving 3 now.

2 years isn't that short, is it? I thought that was normal, with a few giving 3 now.

Not good on the Used front though..................they should offer an Approved Used scheme, with at least one year's warranty

he probably means, in comparison to Bmw where you can extend the warranty once its expired, even cmc offer a lifetime warranty on there used bikes.

The latest batch of bikes are fully loaded with electronic suspension, tft screen, etc, etc and I'm loathed to keep a bike with this tech outside warranty, i think not being able to extend the warranty after 2 yrs with ktm loses confidence in the brand especially when your paying near on £20k for a bike and after 2 year your on your own jack,,, even my Honda has 3 year warranty !

It is odd that there is no option to extend the original warranty in the UK. There is in other markets.

Back
Top Bottom