Another KTM dealer bailing.

You have my deepest sympathies.

If my dealer would not take my bike in PX I would just find another dealer.

Buying a bike that has 65BHP less, weighs more and has the street cred of a Chinese 250 seems like an extreme solution to a non-existent problem.
You think street cred is more important than reliability!!

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

As the warranty for KTMs is 2 years, then you only need to have the 600m and 1st year annual/mileage services carried out for warranty purposes (unless you have a claim and have waited for it to be fixed at the next annual/mileage service).

As another south coast KTM owner albeit I do most of my own servicing, that is a pain in the arse as I always found them to be very reasonable to deal with in that they/KTM UK squared me away with GBP 1.5-2k worth of parts and labour for free to resolve a minor issue on a bike out of warranty. My albeit limited 1st and 3rd party experience of Trevor Pope is that their focus is EXC/SX bikes and they will deal with 690’s at a push but are not set up or really interested in anything travel/adventure based. That said they can supply any part of any KTM bike available via the microfiche.

In the past I found Crescent useful for software updates and a valve service and I’d have thought like others have said, that with a push to sell new bikes especially with the new 790 launch, it would make sense to have a robust dealer network. Will be interesting if/where another one appears on the south coast.

Wouldn’t buy a ktm after they shafted husaberg after they beat them at the erzberg. Ktm are a Cuntish company imho.

I had a funny encounter at with KTM's special booth they had on their stand at the London show. It appeared to be there to show their fantastic dealer network, so I asked them where the dealer was in Dorset now? Much eye rolling suggested they had been asked this before a few times already.

I pointed out the big hole in their backdrop map of UK dealers, which in good spirit, they said was a *crescent* shaped hole :)

Anyway, I'm fucked if I'm advertising the quitters any more so...

53238283_2089253637823749_6874411043502686208_o-XL.jpg

I heard yesterday that there will be a new KTM dealer in Dorset towards the end of the year.

Not sure if it's actually a signed deal or not (I forgot to ask), but looks like Moto Corsa in Gillingham could be getting the franchise.

I heard yesterday that there will be a new KTM dealer in Dorset towards the end of the year.

Not sure if it's actually a signed deal or not (I forgot to ask), but looks like Moto Corsa in Gillingham could be getting the franchise.

Was in there today for a look around and lunch. Have to say I wasn't impressed with the attitude of the sales staff - they could barely be bothered to speak even when asked about a £18k MV!

Was in there today for a look around and lunch. Have to say I wasn't impressed with the attitude of the sales staff - they could barely be bothered to speak even when asked about a £18k MV!

Oh well, that's it then. Won't be going there. No sirree!

on the other hand...

I was there a couple of weeks back with a friend talking about chopping in his V Strom for a Guzzi. They seemed pretty helpful and offered what both of us thought was a pretty good trade in.

The fish finger sarnies in the cafe are rather nice.

Did your appearance suggest you were a likely to have £18k stuffed down your pants, or dressed in attire of similar value?

Not that this should matter since PCP was invented so that poor people can have any vehicle they like in exchange for a life of poverty.

Did your appearance suggest you were a likely to have £18k stuffed down your pants, or dressed in attire of similar value?

Not that this should matter since PCP was invented so that poor people can have any vehicle they like in exchange for a life of poverty.

Who knows, but irrespective, it shouldn't be too much trouble to have a chat with customers taking an interest in the bikes they are wanting to sell, should it?

Back
Top Bottom