K 100 engine oil.??

Lumpy

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Im busy with a cafe racer K100 . im a bit confused with engine oil choice . Some say full synthetic . others semi and standard classic oils . Due to do a oil change and not sure at all what to use ....... please help

Attachments

• 20181105_203233.jpg
    20181105_203233.jpg
    244.8 KB · Views: 303
Im busy with a cafe racer K100 . im a bit confused with engine oil choice . Some say full synthetic . others semi and standard classic oils . Due to do a oil change and not sure at all what to use ....... please help
It'll fall out no matter what you use.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

I would recommend a quality mineral oil such as Castrol Power 1 20w50. Opie oils sells 4 ltrs for £24 on ebay.

You do know you do not have to pour the new oil into the same hole that the old oil came out from, don't you?

as far as oil is concerned, isn't it a dry clutch? If so, just stick in some car oil like Castrol GTX or other generic multigrade mineral oil in from your local motor factor.

I though you were Australian, and didn't want to come over all racist !

If it is a 16v I'd go with a semi synthetic and if 8v a good mineral multigrade to the correct viscosity.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Been using 10W40 car oil, Semi synthetic. Had bike since about 1991 and done nearly 80,000 miles so far.

I didn't have a K100, but I did have a K1100RS for 48,000 in 7 years, and now for the last 19 years a K1200RS
They both ran perfectly on Mobil 1 fully synthetic. I believe 0w-40.
With quality oils I found there was no usage at all (they all smoke a little on start-up) between services, I did try cheaper oil once but found it did use oil between services...
Cheers

Back
Top Bottom