Summer 2019, UK and Scotland

Thank you.

North Weald is the site of a famous Battle of Britain fighter aircraft base. It’s very convenient for anyone to the north east or east of London to get to and easy to ride north from for your holiday. If I were looking to go to Finland from London, I would definitely investigate their services.

The transportation company is Motologistica (http://motologistica.fi/), I couldn't find english pages...
They have terminals in Tampere and Epping, near North Weld. Or the terminal there is AMG North Weld. Very simple to deal with them, you just drop your bike and gears there and they'll do the rest. In Epping it might take little longer as one of the guys there has / had GSA too ;)

Hi from sunny Scotland ,, I wonder if you would be able to contact the logistics company to see if they have an English version of their web site , I am interested in this service as I enjoy riding in Sandinavia in the summer ,, but it IS a long haul from Scotland

Hi from sunny Scotland ,, I wonder if you would be able to contact the logistics company to see if they have an English version of their web site , I am interested in this service as I enjoy riding in Sandinavia in the summer ,, but it IS a long haul from Scotland

Ye what he said :beer:

Ye what he said

See post #43. You could have a race with your fellow countryman to see who can speak to them first.

e12004eb54501081dccf5f9d373504bd.png

83d1cff2e85c6aece96f4f1b8c717858.png

I made some changes to my initial route, based on your suggestions.
There was one weird thing with Garmin Basecamp. If I'll try to do a route from Buccleuch Arms to Liverpool via Dalveen pass, then Basecamp wants me to drive from Dalveen pass to Plymouth and then to Liverpool :blast. Route options are "Faster time" and nothing to avoid. Sometimes I wonder how Basecamp calculates the route :)

Inserting one shaping point to Dumfries will shorten the the route from 1200 km to 351 km. Basecamp is so amazing :)

If you post your BaseCamp problem in the GPS section, someone might be able to work out what’s happening.

It's not a real problem, Basecamp just makes so funny routes sometimes. I've learned to live with it.

The best route I've seen was when I planend a route from Lappeenranta to Salla, Lapland. That's 800 km straight to north.
But Basecamp wanted to go first to Tallinn, Estonia, then Turku, Finland, Stockholm, Sweden, back to Finland and little by little to Salla. That was about 3000 km.
It just needs shaping points.

Back
Top Bottom