Odyssey PC535 in 2007 GS

WhiskyMac

Reaction score
Evening everyone.

I bought a "modified" Odyssey PC535 battery from Motorworks but I'm having problems routing the cables. Apparently the modifications allow it to be fitted with the terminals facing toward the front of the bike, however, I find it really hard to fit the seat in this position, despite routing the positive cable behind the log book holder bracket.

If someone could post a picture of a PC535 fitted to a similar model GS that would be much appreciated (I've Googled this and there seems more room in the battery trays shown that allows the wires to be tucked behind the battery).

Cheers.

Worked it out myself in the end.

Although the Motorworks modified battery is supposed to fit with the terminals toward the front of the bike there isn't a great deal of clearance between the terminals and the seat bar. I reversed it as shown on advrider and there is plenty of clearance. The picture shows it without the battery strap fitted, but I've since fitted the modified one.

Attachments

• IMG_0630.jpg
    IMG_0630.jpg
    239.3 KB · Views: 204
Ive got a Motobatt with twin feeds,

i fed everything up to the LH rear side of the battery and in front of the frame bar.

Tight bloody squeeze, but it fitted. eek!

Yeah, would have preferred to fit in front of the frame bar, but the leads aren't catching on anything. One good thing about the batteries being a squeeze is that they're unlikely to move, even without the bracket fitted...

I fitted mine with the terminals to the front. The positive lead had to be untangled from the wiring loom and looped over behind the air box. The seat fitted fine. I did not need the scrappy bit of metal supplied with the battery to connect the leads. There was no point in faffing about with cables, so the new Lithium is fitted the same way around.

Back
Top Bottom