Tyre valves

90 deg adaptors work fine on the tpms valves on my spoked wheels. But only fitted for the evolution of checking/inflating tyres, not left on all the time. You also need to make sure the female part of the adaptor is shallow fitting or it will bottom out before sealing.

90 deg adaptors work fine on the tpms valves on my spoked wheels. But only fitted for the evolution of checking/inflating tyres, not left on all the time. You also need to make sure the female part of the adaptor is shallow fitting or it will bottom out before sealing.

Thanks mate that was the answer i was after, I thought I had heard something like that..........:beerjug:

buy a 1250, problem solved, they already come with a 90 degree valve ;)

I think so, the exposed threaded lenght seems the usual one

When using the 90deg adaptor, make sure that you give it some support when pushing on the inflator, as the valve stems aren't the strongest in the world.

When using the 90deg adaptor, make sure that you give it some support when pushing on the inflator, as the valve stems aren't the strongest in the world.

That is a fact the amount of TPMS sensors replaced due to tyre changes is enormous, that soft alloy just snaps off.

Derm, I've a spare 90º valve stem if you want it.

Remind me to bring it to the next gathering we're both attending.

Thanks Tufty but we already have 1 each that we used on our old bikes - they don’t work on my twin cam. Nippy Normans’ sell 2 different types of 90 degree stems:
1 for wheels without tyre pressure sensors and 1 for with - they’re £12 :eek:

I think the problem with the LC is, as mentioned, the short valve stem. On the cast wheels it sticks straight out so using a 90 degree extender will be a little odd. I like the look of those hose extensions so thanks for that info and all other advice
:beerjug:

On the cast wheels it sticks straight out so using a 90 degree extender will be a little odd.

The idea is to remove the adaptor once you've set your tyre pressures......hence, only needing/carrying one.

+1 on above and just add 1 extra PSI because when unscrewing that pesky 90 degree valve, a little air pressure does escape.

Back
Top Bottom