handlebar grips r1200gs lc 2014

Good luck with taking the existing ones off... when made they are moulded onto the plactic tubes...

LOL.. do they go over the top.. you'll need big hands for that

Can anyone tell me if these are the correct grips for my bike I would hate to take mine off and find these dont fit
https://www.louis.eu/artikel/ariete...list=162470288&filter_article_number=10020022

Thanks for looking

I have used the ones from Wundelich, but these looks to be the same, so YES, you may use them.

It is quite simple to change them.

To remove the old one, use a sharp knife and make a cut along the entire grip, Make sure the cut penetrates only half way through. Then you take a pair of pliers, take a good grip close to the switchgear and pull, the old grip will peel of, being split along the cut.
Once completed you will have a naked handlebar with the heath treads displayed. Time to check if they look ok.

Putting the new on is stupid simple.

Grab your wife's hairspray and wet the handlebar grip, then you simply slide the rubber on. The hairspray will make it wet and slippery, so putting it on is easy. Then you allow it to dry for 24Hrs.

I do this every time I sell my bike, as it looks better with fresh rubber on the handlebars.

I have used the ones from Wundelich, but these looks to be the same, so YES, you may use them.

It is quite simple to change them.

To remove the old one, use a sharp knife and make a cut along the entire grip, Make sure the cut penetrates only half way through. Then you take a pair of pliers, take a good grip close to the switchgear and pull, the old grip will peel of, being split along the cut.
Once completed you will have a naked handlebar with the heath treads displayed. Time to check if they look ok.

Putting the new on is stupid simple.

Grab your wife's hairspray and wet the handlebar grip, then you simply slide the rubber on. The hairspray will make it wet and slippery, so putting it on is easy. Then you allow it to dry for 24Hrs.

I do this every time I sell my bike, as it looks better with fresh rubber on the handlebars.

Are you sure about them fitting knutk, in the reviews it says they do not fit with the wonderwheel, the German reviews translation below.

on the left, the handle does not fit
Written on 15.09.2018 21:56

The handle does not fit on the multi-controller handlebar switch on the left. The original handle is asymmetrical. The offered here are symmetrical and way too big in diameter. I found this only after removing the old handle. Have the left handle by cutting cut in symmetry, so I could ride the bike on WE.
Why is an article offered for 25 euros that does not really fit?
I've never experienced anything like this at Louis - I'm pissed off.
Comment:
Dear Louis customer,

for BMW with heated handles there are two different grip models. If an item does not fit, it is best to return it for replacement or credit when new.

Yours sincerely,
Your Louis purchasing team

Are you sure about them fitting knutk, in the reviews it says they do not fit with the wonderwheel, the German reviews translation below.

on the left, the handle does not fit
Written on 15.09.2018 21:56

The handle does not fit on the multi-controller handlebar switch on the left. The original handle is asymmetrical. The offered here are symmetrical and way too big in diameter. I found this only after removing the old handle. Have the left handle by cutting cut in symmetry, so I could ride the bike on WE.
Why is an article offered for 25 euros that does not really fit?
I've never experienced anything like this at Louis - I'm pissed off.
Comment:
Dear Louis customer,

for BMW with heated handles there are two different grip models. If an item does not fit, it is best to return it for replacement or credit when new.

Yours sincerely,
Your Louis purchasing team

Well, honestly, I eyballed it. I looked at the picture, and they showed a marking L and R, so I took it for granted that they where different. But the difference is only 2 -3 mm, so it is hard to decide from picture.

I can however confirm that the left and right handlebar has a different diameter. It's a few mm wider on the throttle side, and has nothing to do with the wonderwheel. I have changed on handlebars on bikes both with and without wonderwheel, and wonderwheel makes no difference.

If in doubt, get the ones from wunderlich, http://www.wunderlichamerica.com/motorcycle/7290612.html

If you feel for a slightly thicker grip, you may even use these, as used on the RT and late K1200
http://www.wunderlichamerica.com/motorcycle/7290596.html

Well, honestly, I eyballed it. I looked at the picture, and they showed a marking L and R, so I took it for granted that they where different. But the difference is only 2 -3 mm, so it is hard to decide from picture.

I can however confirm that the left and right handlebar has a different diameter. It's a few mm wider on the throttle side, and has nothing to do with the wonderwheel. I have changed on handlebars on bikes both with and without wonderwheel, and wonderwheel makes no difference.

If in doubt, get the ones from wunderlich, http://www.wunderlichamerica.com/motorcycle/7290612.html

If you feel for a slightly thicker grip, you may even use these, as used on the RT and late K1200
http://www.wunderlichamerica.com/motorcycle/7290596.html

yep it is not easy to be sure, I for one am still not sure, but must take into consideration what the german client said, hope we are helping the op decide and not confusing him more...........:blast

yep it is not easy to be sure, I for one am still not sure, but must take into consideration what the german client said, hope we are helping the op decide and not confusing him more...........:blast

Well, I have never had any problems making the Wundelich rubber fit. However, since you mention issues, I started to read reviews at both Lois and Wunderlich, and there are indeed mixed reports.

I don't know what the problem is. it's either a change of design by BMW somewhere alone the route, or people are screwing up and blame the manufacturer.

Anyway, when I did my K1300GT I made som pictures. On that bike, the handlebars where identical but with different diameter.

Peeling off
38524833730_f44ebac097_z.jpg

The naked truth
38524835410_690f75d857_z.jpg

New and old.
38524834600_87893ae5dc_z.jpg

Well, I have never had any problems making the Wundelich rubber fit. However, since you mention issues, I started to read reviews at both Lois and Wunderlich, and there are indeed mixed reports.

I don't know what the problem is. it's either a change of design by BMW somewhere alone the route, or people are screwing up and blame the manufacturer.

Anyway, when I did my K1300GT I made som pictures. On that bike, the handlebars where identical but with different diameter.

Peeling off
38524833730_f44ebac097_z.jpg

The naked truth
38524835410_690f75d857_z.jpg

New and old.
38524834600_87893ae5dc_z.jpg

OK and now I see what they are babbling on about saying keep original, obviously means the underneath of the grip, better to not be to heavy handed cutting through the old grip, nice pictures.

OK and now I see what they are babbling on about saying keep original, obviously means the underneath of the grip, better to not be to heavy handed cutting through the old grip, nice pictures.

In some of the user comments they mentioned cutting through the heath threads. Makes me wonder if some of the problems where caused by making a cut that is too deep? As you may see from one of the pictures, the rubber is only 3 -4 mm thick, and it requires a gentle cut in order not to do some damage. :)

Re my comment above... my grips were not heated... running a blade down and just pulling them off was not going to happen... it took over 1 hour per grip to get the old rubber off... Maybe this is some of the problems faced especialy in hot places were heated grips are not as common.

Re my comment above... my grips were not heated... running a blade down and just pulling them off was not going to happen... it took over 1 hour per grip to get the old rubber off... Maybe this is some of the problems faced especialy in hot places were heated grips are not as common.

Well at least your bike has a frame and wheels, thicker gloves will compensate...........:D

Attachments

• 20181117_165353.jpg
    20181117_165353.jpg
    218.8 KB · Views: 99

Back
Top Bottom