A long way away...

monkeyboy

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Either UK->Magadan or UK->Tibet/Everest->India next summer.

Just trying to put a trip together and looking for any interest...

you know you want to:thumby:

Either UK->Magadan or UK->Tibet/Everest->India next summer.

Just trying to put a trip together and looking for any interest...

you know you want to:thumby:

Hi
What’s the rough timescale to get to Kathmandu? - need to arrive for 14th September, ideally have 6 weeks to get there.
Is it doable? Is it too late in the season for you? Interested?

Many thanks
D

If you're looking at India/Nepal, make sure you look at the usual dates for the monsoon season. I think you'll find August is still monsoon, with it starting to cool and dry in September, but I'm no expert.

Visiting Nepal in March/April so did some research. The monsoon season starts late May through to late August/early September.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I’ve not been into Nepal so I don’t know the riding conditions or how long it would take for that section. I’d love to get into Nepal!

I could ride to the China border in 3 weeks no problem. So Katmandu should be fine in 6. We were at Everest about that date so I guess Katmandu would be ok mid Sept.

The china group I’m looking at joining up with are going through a lot earlier I think. I’m seeing one of the riders this weekend so should know more then

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm interested . 2 mates of mine did a trip with you last year. I need to look into the logistics , though have looked through your blogs and it looks fantastic. I've done many 2-3 week trips as Medic on bike tours India, Himalayas ,Bolivia Cambodia and Vietnam but none on my own GSA W C . Will mull this over . I like your advice re if you are a fish and chip man please don't come :D

I'm interested . 2 mates of mine did a trip with you last year. I need to look into the logistics , though have looked through your blogs and it looks fantastic. I've done many 2-3 week trips as Medic on bike tours India, Himalayas ,Bolivia Cambodia and Vietnam but none on my own GSA W C . Will mull this over . I like your advice re if you are a fish and chip man please don't come :D

Perfect:)) I'm just trying to work out the prices at the moment. I reckon it will be close to £6k plus Carnet (6-800) and visas (Russia 120, China 240, India and Nepal). I'll be in touch!

Sooooo who were your mates then? You've spoken to them .. and you still want to come:))

Sooooo who were your mates then? You've spoken to them .. and you still want to come:))

Hugo and Gerard . I did the Himalayas with them 8 years ago I think with Global. As I said looking at the logistics / time off work etc but yours looks the kind of trip I'd like , and I quite like a bit of rough accomodation And street food . Cheers ��

Rob - you would absolutely love this trip. :thumby:

Monkeyboy - if Magadan / ROB, I'm in, whether this year or next. China was great but I am China'd out for now and doing India in March. Nepal is brilliant and ideal for an Enfield...

Hugo and Gerard . I did the Himalayas with them 8 years ago I think with Global. As I said looking at the logistics / time off work etc but yours looks the kind of trip I'd like , and I quite like a bit of rough accomodation And street food . Cheers ��

Rob - you would absolutely love this trip. :thumby:

Monkeyboy - if Magadan / ROB, I'm in, whether this year or next. China was great but I am China'd out for now and doing India in March. Nepal is brilliant and ideal for an Enfield...

Thanks mate:) Yep Magadan and ROB is calling me too .. but Everest is SHOUTING:)

Back
Top Bottom