Thread: 3/4 moths trip (eastern europe + middle east)

3/4 moths trip (eastern europe + middle east)

Hi everyone,
    Im total novice regarding to long distance travelling but now I think is the time to change it...

So before I give you any more details i would like to ask if something around 25000kilometers over around 100days (could probably be stretched to max 4months) is really stupid idea?

We will be starting up in Slovakia and thinking to go throught these countries: hungary, serbia, montenegro, albania, macedonia, greece, turkey, gergia, armenia, azerbaijan, iran, turkmenistan, uzbekistan, tajikistan, kyrgyzstan, kazachstan, mongolia to Irkutks (russia).
    from there train to moscov and from moscov back to slovakia.

well we just starting to planning up so its just idea at the moment. so it will all depends on visa etc.
    Because its all new to us we dont have idea how does it work.

so any tips and help will be much appreciated.

thanks a lot

Senior member Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Sounds great
    My only advice is do it and post loads of photos on here
    Solvitur ambulando

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Thought the life cycle of a moth was about 4 weeks..........

Quote Originally Posted by Smogbob View Post
    Thought the life cycle of a moth was about 4 weeks..........

just for your information, english is not my mother language so im sorry that i missed one letter!

But you are probably some kind of slow learner or something because who wanted to understand it did understand it!!!

feel sorry for you!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhethnar View Post
    just for your information, english is not my mother language so im sorry that i missed one letter!

But you are probably some kind of slow learner or something because who wanted to understand it did understand it!!!

feel sorry for you!!!
    Humour also.........

Quote Originally Posted by Smogbob View Post
    Humour also.........
    Ahhh good old dry english humour? you mean

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhethnar View Post
    Ahhh good old dry english humour? you mean
    Yes good to learn, if you are living in the UK.........and for here on the forum...........

If I were you, I’d make an enquiry via the Horizons Unlimited website and forum. You won’t find Smoggob there.

http://www.horizonsunlimited.com

If you pay £12 you will be able to contact (private message / PM) two reasonably active members of UKGSer who have at least ridden decent sized chunks of what you are thinking of doing. The two are:

Micky and Tim Olgra.

I have made the train journey from Irkutsk (Lake Baical) to Moscow, but going the other way as we started in Moscow. A great experience, the Trans-Siberian Express. My only regret is that when we went (1986) Vladivostok was still a closed city, that westerners could not visit. So we had to get off the train one day short of the Pacific at Khabarovsk.

Quote Originally Posted by Wapping View Post
    If I were you, I’d make an enquiry via the Horizons Unlimited website and forum. You won’t find Smoggob there.

http://www.horizonsunlimited.com

If you pay £12 you will be able to contact (private message / PM) two reasonably active members of UKGSer who have at least ridden decent sized chunks of what you are thinking of doing. The two are:

Micky and Tim Olgra.

I have made the train journey from Irkutsk (Lake Baical) to Moscow, but going the other way as we started in Moscow. A great experience, the Trans-Siberian Express. My only regret is that when we went (1986) Vladivostok was still a closed city, that westerners could not visit. So we had to get off the train one day short of the Pacific at Khabarovsk.
    Downside he will find a cnut like you.

May I suggest the closure of this thread ?
    If you think about it, you're probably better off staying at home and looking at most places on Google Earth.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarka View Post
    May I suggest the closure of this thread ?
    its nothing wrong with the thread, only with some individual trying to be funny!

As to whether it’s a silly idea?

25,000 kms over 100 days - a daily average of 250 kms per day, every day, if you don’t stop for a day.

Have a look at some of the better travel motorcycle blogs, particularly around the places you want to go. That’ll give you a better idea as to what you think you’ll be capable of or (more importantly) enjoy.

Arse Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Monkeyboy is another source of info. Better to scale down the mileage and up the number of days. There will be days when the mileage will be easily achievable, other days you will struggle to make a 100.

As for smoggob, I don't think he has taken a bike outside of the EU

Are you looking at sticking to roads or are you going off road, I did 3 month away starting in the UK and made it to Tynda in siberia