Fed up of Spokes

Ha ha ... the only ever time I had a problem with spokes coming lose was with my 1966 BSA A65L 'Lighting'. BSA used the rear wheel from the 1950's 500 Gold Star and quite simply it wasn't up to the awesome power of the 650 twin :D

:beerjug:

Maybe BMW used the same mould on that dodgy batch of wheels...........:beerjug:

We're they powerdercoated from factory, or did you do them yourself?

Any pictures please?

Had them coated myself.

tLAbZUX.jpg

Anyone tried ceramic coating them?
I’ve got a bottle I never used on my cars paint and am wondering if it would make them easier to clean.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quadruple black comes to mind now............:D

Yeah, I have to be careful as too much black might not look right...

Already repainted 17 parts black lol

Having said that, I've had some nice compliments in the past week. So people are liking it :)

Spokes are great, they're like legs ... they keep your arse off the ground, very handy things indeed :D

Fed up of cleaning them ... get a feckin' car then. They're part of the territory, comes with motorcycling, they're bloody great :thumb

I love my spokes :D

i-nnQcChW-L.jpg

:beerjug:

I will go with that, but chains however are shite, chain lube is shite, constant adjustment of chains is shite, in the days of abs, traction control, cornering lights, anti slip this that and the fecking other, all shite I DONT want why o why is there such a limited range of bikes with shaft drive !!!!

Last edited:
....why o why is there such a limited range of bikes with shaft drive !!!!

What I like about shaft drives is they never go rusty and are 100% maintenance free

I’ve just got some for my TC with off road tyres and have just bought the rear wheel bolts as they are shorter for cast wheels. You might need to check if the same applies to LC models.

I’ve just got some for my TC with off road tyres and have just bought the rear wheel bolts as they are shorter for cast wheels. You might need to check if the same applies to LC models.

Ok thanks for the heads up on that. I might need new bolts then, maybe...

Big part of the reason I have a GSA and am only swapping it for another GSA. Cannot be bothered with another chain in my life.
I will go with that, but chains however are shite, chain lube is shite, constant adjustment of chains is shite, in the days of abs, traction control, cornering lights, anti slip this that and the fecking other, all shite I DONT want why o why is there such a limited range of bikes with shaft drive !!!!

Just one more thing, the LC can hold only one set of tyre pressure sensors in memory. So, no more quick swapping of wheels without annoying idiot lights and warnings ...

... unless you can program them yourself (f.i. with a GS-911)

Correct.

The TPMS Sensors transmit at 433 MHz to the RDC Control Unit. When the wheel is not spinning, they eventually shut down to save the battery life.

To reactivate them you need a EL-50448 activation device which transmits a signal at 150 kHz. This awakens the sensor temporarily. (EL-50448 can be bought off eBay for £5 :D)

I then use the MotoScan Ultimate Andriod App on my Smartphone to connect via OBD2 Port and my OBDLink-MX Bluetooth reader. This then allows you to read, assign and setup new sensors. JOB DONE.

https://www.motoscan.de/2016/11/21/rdk-sensoren-anlernen/

More information in the above link.

See above :)

Back
Top Bottom