Young drivers insurance

Chris,
Have you tried compare the market or another comparison site??

we insured all 3 of ours with companies found on compare the market and insured them for their own car with me as a named driver, we didn't have any issues at all although Jake is 21 now so a few years ago.

I agree with the comments re the black box, I didn't really like the idea but Dan had one and got a reduction in his DD of about £40 a month as a result of his good reports, it also created a habit to drive to the limits which has stuck 2 years after the box went, he really does drive like an old woman but I'd rather that than think about him hooning around.

Didn't stop him writing his Clio off though, he drove it into a parked van early one morning, apparently the sun was in his eyes :blast, the lesson learned there was don't drive your car if you can't see where your going???

I don't think so. My son had is own insurance when he was learning at 17. His car, his insurance policy. about 2 years ago, sorry I can't remember the name, but it certainly was available

Yes same here, my son had his own insurance and started to build no claims whilst he was learning and owned his own car, as did his girlfriend until she passed her test, she had her own car as well. So not sure where you have been looking. My son and her girlfriend had myself or my wife as a named driver, which brought the cost down

We used Marmalade insurance for our daughter while she was learning in the car we got for her. I was a named driver and it was reasonable, the no claims period while she was learning was transferable to her new policy. Now her policy premium as a newly qualified driver is eye watering.

Insurance for learner drivers who, for obvious reasons only hold a provisional licence, is not ‘cheap’ but - based on the normal criteria - not hugely difficult to obtain and is most often cheaper than insurance for a young person who has just passed their test, driving unaccompanied.

Taking out insurance deliberately naming an adult as the main driver, when in reality the main driver is the minor (all be it under the care of the adult)..... Take care how you answer the questions when asked of you. But hey, who gives a feck as the fecking insurers is well rip off.

Insurance for learner drivers who, for obvious reasons only hold a provisional licence, is not ‘cheap’ but - based on the normal criteria - not hugely difficult to obtain and is most often cheaper than insurance for a young person who has just passed their test, driving unaccompanied.

Taking out insurance deliberately naming an adult as the main driver, when in reality the main driver is the minor (all be it under the care of the adult)..... Take care how you answer the questions when asked of you. But hey, who gives a feck as the fecking insurers is well rip off.

Totally Agree! Happened to a 18 year old boy in our road last year. He was over the limit and crashed in to two cars. one of the drivers had to go to hospital with injuries. The police investigated and asked the neighbours who was the "main driver". As the 18 year old drove it to work every day and used it at weekends with music blasting you can guess what the neighbours said...

Back
Top Bottom