Speedo drive

g.s.john

Getting old aint fer pussies
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Daft question, i was told if the rear ABS sensor fails the front sensor takes over driving the speedo
is this correct?

It didn't when mine failed, lost speedo but got lots of pretty lights!! That was on an '06 GS.

Al.

Daft question, i was told if the rear ABS sensor fails the front sensor takes over driving the speedo
is this correct?
I would say it's the other way round if it does anything like that at all.
None abs bikes don't have a front sensor but all bikes have a rear sensor. Even on abs bikes with front sensor, if the rear one gets covered in metal paste from the rear bearing the speedo fails and errors come up on the dash.

I disconnected my rear sensor & connected my front sensor to the rear

it sort of worked ;) exceptt my speed was wildly out 80 at 40 ;)

i can only presume its down to the reluctor ring being a different size fron to rear.

My servoectomied 06 dosent switch to the front if the rear stops (may be due to the servoectomy)

When the rear sensor is disconnected the BRAKE FAILURE warning will flash alarmingly but all it does is disable the ABS. Brakes work fine. The speedo wont work for about 5 minutes, then the ECU will get fed up of trying to find the sensor and switch to the front sensor. The speedo needle will swing up as you ride along.

Back
Top Bottom