Airbox cover allen bolts

sye

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Who on earth decided to put an allen bolt behind the brake splitter. :blast Took me half an hour of faffing about to get to it, so what's the secret? I also discovered that the braided line from the master cylinder is chafing the front of the cover, has anyone managed a fix for this please?

Ta

Who on earth decided to put an allen bolt behind the brake splitter. :blast Took me half an hour of faffing about to get to it, so what's the secret? I also discovered that the braided line from the master cylinder is chafing the front of the cover, has anyone managed a fix for this please?

Ta

If its an ABS bike you have to loosen the ABS splitter from the frame to get access to the RH bolt - then use a 1/4 drive socket bit and wrench

Not had any issues with brake line chafing - is it routed correctly ? You can alter its position by loosening the banjo bolt which attaches it to the master cylinder, you will likely need to bleed brakes however after doing this to ensure no air has got in system

If its an ABS bike you have to loosen the ABS splitter from the frame to get access to the RH bolt - then use a 1/4 drive socket bit and wrench

Not had any issues with brake line chafing - is it routed correctly ? You can alter its position by loosening the banjo bolt which attaches it to the master cylinder, you will likely need to bleed brakes however after doing this to ensure no air has got in system

Good to know, thanks for the tip about loosening the splitter. :thumb2 There is no way to adjust the banjo further away form the cover as it tightens against a perch that stops it moving. Might just put a piece of clear film between the two to stop further damage. The only other way would be to bend the joint and it could crack, so won't even try.

I used a mini Halfords socket set to get that bolt out and back in, but it was a right faff, next time I'll move the ABS splitter - daft Germans.

Back
Top Bottom