Tinted visor or clear

tjmouse

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I’m going to need a new visor for my Schuberth E1 soon and can get a good price on the light tint version this weekend. I’ve never used a tinted visor before so was wondering what the collective feels about them?
Particularly what if I’m out for the day and end up coming home in the dark, with the light tint what’s people’s experience of riding at night or in poor weather and being able to see?
Oh and before people say just carry a clear visor as well that won’t work for me...

The last time I used my Shark's 'light-tint' visor at night, having forgotten to take the clear one with me, I ended up having to ride with the visor up, I couldn't see a bloody thing, even in well-lit areas! Of course, Schuberth's light-tint might be lighter than Shark's, but I'd say that even if it is, you possibly run the risk of not seeing stuff you need to see. :eek:

Pete

The last time I used my Shark's 'light-tint' visor at night, having forgotten to take the clear one with me, I ended up having to ride with the visor up, I couldn't see a bloody thing, even in well-lit areas! Of course, Schuberth's light-tint might be lighter than Shark's, but I'd say that even if it is, you possibly run the risk of not seeing stuff you need to see. :eek:

Pete

Thanks- Thought that might be the case. Will leave it and wait for a good price on a clear visor

Shoei and HJC light tint both fine if you get caught out late.

Not sure about Schuberth

(obviously this is only an opinion)

Sent from a U11

Back
Top Bottom