Thread: Low seats....

New Member (less than 15 Posts)

Low seats....

Hi all,

Newbie here looking for a little advice if possible. I currently considering buying a GS but being quite short (5'6" tall, 28" leg) the bikes height can be a challenge. I've ridden a standard bike with a low seat and it wasn't too bad but ideally I'd like to be little closer to the ground. A reduced height bike would be ideal but there aren't many around so I'm likely to end up with a standard bike and suitable seat. I've seen Touratech sell an extra low after market seat which looks perfect, but it's not cheap.

https://shop.touratech.co.uk/comfort...extra-low.html

Can anyone offer any advice on this seat? I'm looking for something which will be all day comfortable.

Thanks in advance,

Andy

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    I found that seat super comfy.
    I bought mine 2nd hand so was broken in and was perfect.

Biggest ride was about 400 miles and felt ok at the end of it.

What year are you looking for. I have a low suspension, low seat 2018 1200 GS TE with TFT, 3000miles and going back to AJ as a p/ex in Jan.

Same height and inside leg as me -

You need a low seat- The BMW offering is ok i found, just need to take a break every now and again.

You also need to adopt a good foot down strategy, as it requires some thought.

That said it can still catch you out

Ideally you want low seat & low suspension, but you can get away with just the low seat

Hi Andy

Am looking to sell my 65 reg low suspension GSA, 13,000 miles on clock in matt red, pm me and I can send you some pictures and more info if it's something you may be interested in

Danny

I have a mint 2012 twin cam GS not (A) factory low model, might be thinking of moving on, pm me for more details, if interested.

Maybe you have seen mine ? Perfect condition, absolutely no corrosion. Factory low, just the job !

http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthr...ssis-Sept-2013

And just over the hill from you.