Daytona Boot Repairs

My Boots were sent to Daytona on Friday. They are being dealt with by Christina, she has quoted me 77 euros to replace the soles on the Roadstar GTX. I have taken before pics and will post after pics when they return. I have no idea how long they will take but I dont personally need them until mid Jan. My boots are pretty much perfect apart from worn soles, so hopefully a good saving as opposed to purchasing new ones

My Boots were sent to Daytona on Friday. They are being dealt with by Christina, she has quoted me 77 euros to replace the soles on the Roadstar GTX. I have taken before pics and will post after pics when they return. I have no idea how long they will take but I dont personally need them until mid Jan. My boots are pretty much perfect apart from worn soles, so hopefully a good saving as opposed to purchasing new ones

Interesting - by what method did you return the boots? Via a dealer or direct to Daytona. Some dealers want £50 just for the 'handling' fee.

The boots were posted direct to Daytona via 48 hour global postage at the local post office £19.50 .

I contacted them direct via the email adddress given on here , they replied the next day with instructions . So far all good !

The boots were posted direct to Daytona via 48 hour global postage at the local post office £19.50 .

I contacted them direct via the email adddress given on here , they replied the next day with instructions . So far all good !

That is very useful information - thank you :thumb2

so .........as promised my Daytona Roadstar boots have been repaired and returned to me. It was a five week turn around, which included the xmas break to. They put new soles on and replaced the linings on the inside, gave a boots a make over on the outside,( polished them up etc. ) they were returned on signed for post from the Daytona factory in a new Daytona Box. They look as good as new inside and out and to be honest I'm absolutely made up with them considering they are around 9/10 years old.
They estimate the cost would be 77 euros, but i was invoiced at 68 euros .
Before and after pics

nyapW92.jpg
[/IMG]
11Gpkb5.jpg
[/IMG]
4gY6TV4.jpg
[/IMG]
5hB3Ko0.jpg
[/IMG]
6HMv9tu.jpg
[/IMG]

so .........as promised my Daytona Roadstar boots have been repaired and returned to me. It was a five week turn around, which included the xmas break to. They put new soles on and replaced the linings on the inside, gave a boots a make over on the outside,( polished them up etc. ) they were returned on signed for post from the Daytona factory in a new Daytona Box. They look as good as new inside and out and to be honest I'm absolutely made up with them considering they are around 9/10 years old.
Before and after pics

nyapW92.jpg
[/IMG]
11Gpkb5.jpg
[/IMG]
4gY6TV4.jpg
[/IMG]
5hB3Ko0.jpg
[/IMG]
6HMv9tu.jpg
[/IMG]

It looks like they have made a good job of refurbing your boots, mine are in a similar state to yours in the before pics I have e-mailed Daytona for return instructions.

Email from Christina at Daytona after I was initially asked to take them to a UK dealer. I emailed back suggesting the UK importer is related to Dick Turpin and wanted to cut out the middle man

c.frey@daytona.de <c.frey@daytona.de> 12 February 2019 at 10:13
To: @gmail.com
Dear David,

you could send us your boots directly to the address as you can see below.

The costs for new soles are 80,- euros + about 10,- euros freight

Payment after repair is done via banktransfer in advance.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Christina Frey

Berta Frey & Söhne oHG

daytona Schuhfabrik

Bahnhofstrasse 5+6

84307 Eggenfelden

Deutschland

Tel.: +49 (0) 8721 / 9644-0

Fax: +49 (0) 8721 / 9644-66

E-Mail: c.frey@daytona.de

Internet: http://www.daytona.de

USt.-ID: DE127971232, Steuernummer 113/152/52301

Amtsgericht Landshut, HRA 6656

Email from Christina at Daytona after I was initially asked to take them to a UK dealer. I emailed back suggesting the UK importer is related to Dick Turpin and wanted to cut out the middle man

I did that, I told Cristina my supplying dealer was no longer in business, I sent my boots to Daytona via UPS and she confirmed she had received them last Monday, an invoice followed last Friday for 94 Euro for 2 replacement soles, 4 replacement zips and a replacement gear shift pad, I paid by bank transfer and await their return, all very quick and so far very efficient.

I did that, I told Cristina my supplying dealer was no longer in business, I sent my boots to Daytona via UPS and she confirmed she had received them last Monday, an invoice followed last Friday for 94 Euro for 2 replacement soles, 4 replacement zips and a replacement gear shift pad, I paid by bank transfer and await their return, all very quick and so far very efficient.

Just about to take mine to the Co-op drop off. Using Hermes as I often send stuff to a relative near Dortmund by them. They seem to have a better reputation in their homeland.

My boots were returned today, parts replaced 2 outer zippers, left side gearshift pad, 2 new soles, as good as new with no breaking in required, and less than 2 weeks door to door, very happy with that :thumby:

Before and after pics

nyapW92.jpg
[/IMG]
11Gpkb5.jpg
[/IMG]
4gY6TV4.jpg
[/IMG]
5hB3Ko0.jpg
[/IMG]
6HMv9tu.jpg
[/IMG]

If I was caught putting boots - either before or after - on the kitchen work surface, the condition of my footwear would suddenly become immaterial. Nice dark grouting on the tiles though. :THUMB

I have a pair of Daytona boots that I love. So far they're wearing very well. It's good to know you can get them back to 'as new' condition for much less than the price of a new pair.

If I was caught putting boots - either before or after - on the kitchen work surface, the condition of my footwear would suddenly become immaterial. Nice dark grouting on the tiles though. :THUMB

I have a pair of Daytona boots that I love. So far they're wearing very well. It's good to know you can get them back to 'as new' condition for much less than the price of a new pair.

White brick tiles with grey grouting.....its the fashion !
I put my boots anywhere i like due to no one being here but me ,so no one can tell me what to do ...the joys of a singleton ?

White brick tiles with grey grouting.....its the fashion !
I put my boots anywhere i like due to no one being here but me ,so no one can tell me what to do ...the joys of a singleton ?

You lucky, lucky bastard. :D

We recently had our bathroom re-tiled, and went for large grey porcelain tiles with dark grey grout. Looks lovely.

Just to resurrect this old thread, my favourite Daytona Road Star GTX boot soles had worn thin and the toe leather was badly scuffed so I contacted Frey Daytona in Germany about a repair job by email with photos attached. They agreed to just resole and repair scuffs for a fixed price, the Goretex is fine and the zips/velcro and gear change toe pads are still good.

Posted off my boots via Parcel2Go which arrived in Germany last Saturday. Had an email this Monday to say they had already been resoled, the toe scuffs repaired and would be posted back by DHL on payment of the invoice by bank transfer at 90.16 Euros (about £78). I paid up, emailed them and got a tracking number within an hour with the boots booked for DHL collection same day.

Amazingly efficient service at a decent price.

Daytona certainly are very good at making very good motorcycling boots and at repairing / refurbishing them at a later date.

Expensive to buy on day one but returning very good value over the years of use.

Just to resurrect this old thread, my favourite Daytona Road Star GTX boot soles had worn thin and the toe leather was badly scuffed so I contacted Frey Daytona in Germany about a repair job by email with photos attached. They agreed to just resole and repair scuffs for a fixed price, the Goretex is fine and the zips/velcro and gear change toe pads are still good.

Posted off my boots via Parcel2Go which arrived in Germany last Saturday. Had an email this Monday to say they had already been resoled, the toe scuffs repaired and would be posted back by DHL on payment of the invoice by bank transfer at 90.16 Euros (about £78). I paid up, emailed them and got a tracking number within an hour with the boots booked for DHL collection same day.

Amazingly efficient service at a decent price.
I may do exactly this! :thumb2
I have a pair of Daytonas that need re soling.
How much was the postage to Germany?

I may do exactly this! :thumb2
I have a pair of Daytonas that need re soling.
How much was the postage to Germany?

If you contact Frey Daytona they will email you back in English asking for pictures (probably Christina Frey or Hildegard Bocklbauer).
Based on the images you send and what you request, they will give you an estimate and a downloadable form to complete and send with your boots.

https://www.daytona.de/en/FAQ/Frequently-asked-questions/Repair-Service

Email: info@daytona.de

I used Parcel2Go, booked and paid online for £10.16 if I recall. I chose DHL as my approved courier of choice but there are many options.
Goods must be shipped in a cardboard box or jiffy bag, a polythene bag is not permitted.
I then filled in the online customs declaration, printed the four customs forms and address label with barcode and took the parcel and forms to my local collection point (newsagents).
You need to sign and attach the four customs declaration forms (all identical) to the outside of the parcel at the collection point.

I would declare your boots as "Boots For Repair" or similar description to avoid being mistakenly stiffed for customs duty as new boots.

Dead easy.

Back
Top Bottom