Logic board failed in 2015 Macbook Air

smally

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
My macbook air 2015 has just bust, diagnosed as needing a new logic board through apple at £450, does anyone have any advice as it is just too much to fix a computer that i bought in 2017!!!

Check with Apple first as I had a MacBook 17 which had a similar fault. This was down to a design issue and they replaced the logic board for free out of warranty. Best of luck, paul

My macbook air 2015 has just bust, diagnosed as needing a new logic board through apple at £450, does anyone have any advice as it is just too much to fix a computer that i bought in 2017!!!

Is it totally dead have you tried the tips below.

From experience that sounds expensive by about £100 but things have got a lot more expensive over the last 12 months because the pound isn't what it was. Definitely try and find an independent Apple Authorised Service Provider - there's one near me and he's very helpful and does a great job at reasonable prices. http://mac-sys.com claim to be the only AAUP in Northern Ireland so may be worth giving them a call especially if they are close enough to drive/ride to?

Where did you buy it from? Have you had it from new? If so, you need to fight with the retailer...

I'd argue that this isn't 'satisfactory durability'

Have you had a look at how difficult is it to replace yourself. I have a mid 2012 air, and have replaced the charging board and last week did my battery, all fairly easy with internet videos. Loads fo places sell bits. A new one is over 1k, so I've spent £150 getting mine back up and running

The cost to fix was from them!!!!!
From experience that sounds expensive by about £100 but things have got a lot more expensive over the last 12 months because the pound isn't what it was. Definitely try and find an independent Apple Authorised Service Provider - there's one near me and he's very helpful and does a great job at reasonable prices. http://mac-sys.com claim to be the only AAUP in Northern Ireland so may be worth giving them a call especially if they are close enough to drive/ride to?

Up shot is it is now fixed and returned to me at the total cost of £149 from ibex_electronic on eBay as recommended by other GSERS. The guy (mike) rang about an hour after he received it to say it was fixed it was a blown capacitor and was fixed!! Not The logic board, so no confidence in mac-sys!!! its guaranteed for a year.

Up shot is it is now fixed and returned to me at the total cost of £149 from ibex_electronic on eBay as recommended by other GSERS. The guy (mike) rang about an hour after he received it to say it was fixed it was a blown capacitor and was fixed!! Not The logic board, so no confidence in mac-sys!!! its guaranteed for a year.

:thumb2:thumb2:thumb2:thumb2:thumb2

Back
Top Bottom