cat removal... does it work?

but as posted above, if the flow is not restricted that much why bother?

Every* one that I have removed has both felt and sounded just that bit nicer, quite subtle but in the right direction.

* except my Transit where it made precious little difference, apart from a bit more (nice) turbo whistle and the only one where, with hindsight, I shouldn't have bothered

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

Mmm yes.. I'd hope to be a bit neater than that... thanks anyway :)

Not wanting to argue but I go to Germany every year and never heard this before and still don’t know of anyone myself That I know in the last forty years of riding being pulled for a noisy pipe in Europe but I’m sure someone has.

Yep they sure have! One of our group last year when we were out with Flash tours around Limoges.

We were coming up to a roundabout in a town on our way back to base and two Gendarmes were stood by the road. I was on my S1000XR with full Akra (dB killers still in) which is pretty loud so I kept the revs low. Lady behind me on her Aprilla Tuouno (the proper V-twin one!) was pulled over, presumably as her bike sounded very fruity!

When they inspected it they noticed the holes in her exhaust where the baffles used to be bolted in and that meant she was going to get slapped with a 100 Euro fine, payable immediately or the bike would be impounded :eek: Luckily the guy who runs Flash managed to persuade them to let her off, in his best French, but it was a close call.

She spent the rest of the holiday with some makeshift baffle ends fabricated out of baked bean tins bolted into her exhaust! :D

Yep they sure have! One of our group last year when we were out with Flash tours around Limoges.

We were coming up to a roundabout in a town on our way back to base and two Gendarmes were stood by the road. I was on my S1000XR with full Akra (dB killers still in) which is pretty loud so I kept the revs low. Lady behind me on her Aprilla Tuouno (the proper V-twin one!) was pulled over, presumably as her bike sounded very fruity!

When they inspected it they noticed the holes in her exhaust where the baffles used to be bolted in and that meant she was going to get slapped with a 100 Euro fine, payable immediately or the bike would be impounded :eek: Luckily the guy who runs Flash managed to persuade them to let her off, in his best French, but it was a close call.

She spent the rest of the holiday with some makeshift baffle ends fabricated out of baked bean tins bolted into her exhaust! :D

GB does have a point you can ride and get lucky, but more and more controls are happening, purely because little villages are fed up with the far to noisy brigade, so it obviously affects everyone, and if you get lucky that is great, but a few have had their bike trailered away, I must admit a few years ago I did enjoy a bit more noise, however my ears are happier now, maybe a sign of age.........;) or just common sense

Show off...........:D

TIG can be quite nice if you spend a bit of time :)

Hogleys open pipes... didn't last long.. far too loud!!!

Attachments

• Hogley ex3.jpg
    Hogley ex3.jpg
    140.4 KB · Views: 257
I can vouch that the German Police do do checks.

A couple of years ago I was on a trip to The Ring when one of our party on a very loud R1 was pulled over. The police wouldn't let him travel on until he sorted the silencers. It lead to one of the funnier moments when the rest of the group I was in (who were already at our hotel) received a call from their group asking "if anyone had a set of baffles for an R1!" Amazingly the baffles from a Yamaha XJ900 were removed and taken to the scene and fitted well enough to get our man on the road again.

If you decat will it run on shite fuel if need be . Just wondering as am thinking of a big trip where she’ll super 5 may not be available

In theory yes, as the sensors will adjust for the improved flow and lower back pressure... My bike has had the HT treatment also :)

Back
Top Bottom