December Deal on AT

If it's a good bike, you just keep it and pay it off.

Or if it's a Lemon, you hand it back (fight off their lawyers regarding discrepancies in condition/mileage/expectations) and walk away grinning from ear to ear.

Then stick your £6,400 on another better condition, lower mileage HAT of the same PCP returns :D

I'll be keeping mine as I've spend £1500 on farkles which I would actually like to keep on the bike and they have 'adventure (crash) history' with me now :D

The bike looks like it's been to Mongolia, but I've only chucked it down a couple of Peak District hills....

Basically it's scratched to fuck and I'd be returning it in a wheelbarrow if it carries on :D

PCP - Persistently Crashed Plan. GFV = £0

Pic : Sleeping after a hard days riding with my mates, shhhh... you'll wake it up :D

Great pic! :D

Let’s see the accompanying video :popcorn

Great pic! :D

Let’s see the accompanying video :popcorn

I would, but I can't as it has number plates and faces.

But the reason it was on it's side, I was letting my mates practice picking up a bike as some of them hadn't done it before.

So I gently lowered it down and let them have a go each.

The HAT is so heavy compared to a GSA because it lays flat on its side !! (Good for changing the rear wheel though if you lay it offside)

Attachments

• Lifting HAT.jpg
    Lifting HAT.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 323
We only ever had one vehicle on PCP, a Honda CRV, on which we terminated the deal early. The dealer had nothing to do with it, Honda finance sent out a guy to collect it who did the inspection, handed over the paperwork and took it away. He was taking it directly to the trade auction to be sold immediately. The residual risk was with Honda finance, the dealer got paid at the point of sale.

The Africa Twin deal was roughly as follows:-

Brand new Africa Twin DCT = RRP £12,500

Dealer Contribution = £3,500
Customer Contribution = £0
PCP Financed at £70 pcm
PCP Finance = 0%
Balance to pay after 3 years = £6,400 or hand the bike back
Mileage allowance = 4000 miles per annum, 12,000 total over contract.

The way I looked at this deal was.....

- I get a brand new bike and not pay a single penny deposit. Walk in, sign papers, walk out with keys and Happy Days smile.

- I only pay £70 per month, which is the cheapest finance I've ever had on any bike in my 30 years of buying bikes. Even CRF250's and monkey bikes are more expensive than that.

- I won't miss £70 per month. Mileage restrictions don't apply to me as I'll be paying off the balance and keeping it. Its a really nice bike for £9,000 total payments. In my opinion, a Bargain !!

- So I can happily write off the £70 each month. £6,400 is cheap to then pay off this bike after 3 years. Depreciation has been paid for by dealer upfront and its still a really good bike.

Which ever way you look at it.... it's a good deal.

If it’s 7p per mile over...is it as simple as:

Paying the £70 (if that deal became avalible again)
Acctually doing the 10,000 a year I’d like to do
At the end handing the bike back plus pay 18,000 x 7p £1260

If that’s the case the bike would acctually cost £105 per month which is cheap when you consider deprecation you have on a bike you’d owned after 30,000 miles.

On the condition front, is it scrapes and missed service that cause an issue - If I choose to just ride and never clean and corrosion appears can they have a claim on you

If it’s 7p per mile over...is it as simple as:

Paying the £70 (if that deal became avalible again)
Acctually doing the 10,000 a year I’d like to do
At the end handing the bike back plus pay 18,000 x 7p £1260

If that’s the case the bike would acctually cost £105 per month which is cheap when you consider deprecation you have on a bike you’d owned after 30,000 miles.

On the condition front, is it scrapes and missed service that cause an issue - If I choose to just ride and never clean and corrosion appears can they have a claim on you

In theory yes, but you have to also keep up the service record for that mileage.

BUT, I would imagine they'll try to find any means possible to rack up a higher settlement figure from you, based on wear & tear, condition etc if you handed it back.

So yes, if you return the bike in poor condition they'll try and charge you to remedy it...

In theory yes, but you have to also keep up the service record for that mileage.

BUT, I would imagine they'll try to find any means possible to rack up a higher settlement figure from you, based on wear & tear, condition etc if you handed it back.

So yes, if you return the bike in poor condition they'll try and charge you to remedy it...

On the car, honda finance assessed the repair cost of any minor scuffs and had an allowance (£400 I think), below which there was no charge. Maybe a similar process on a bike?

On the car, honda finance assessed the repair cost of any minor scuffs and had an allowance (£400 I think), below which there was no charge. Maybe a similar process on a bike?

Could be. But they know that PCP Deal was a killer.... so they'll need to make money from somewhere.

I still think £9000 is good for a new HAT DCT... and 3 years rental at 0% was just icing on the cake.

Will be interesting to see if people have any hassle handing their bikes back... :)

Let’s turn this around the other way.

If you were looking for a 3 year old bike and you had the choice of.

1. Very low mileage excellent condition.
2. Average mileage excellent condition.
3. Rusty nasty corroded with low or average mileage...with scrapes and scratches.

Which one would you pay the least for?
The finance company will probably pay the least for that one too.

It’s really not rocket science. Be it high mileage (higher than average, not what you or I may consider high), damage or excessive corrosion....all of those things lower a vehicles value to the purchaser.

Last edited:

That’s you fucked then! :D

That’s you fucked then! :D

I might turn up for the laugh.... with it absolutely covered in mud and grass crud :beerjug:

Yes mate, cheers for that I want to hand it back, is that ok?

Or phone them up and ask for collection, offering grid coordinates for a ravine in Mongolia

Just to see their reaction and calculations :D

Back
Top Bottom