December Deal on AT

I would love one of the Fireblade SP,but maybe just to old and inflexible for it.

Yeah, I like it as well, for on-road.

This is extremely unlikely to see any off road action. I want it as a tall tourer that will fit my lanky frame. I have a Husky if I want to venture off the beaten track, although that is currently on SM wheels and used for commuting.

I'm using my Africa Twin DCT as my winter bike and off-tarmac adventures. Ideal really.

Still think its a good bike and wished my BMW R1200 had DCT

I'm using my Africa Twin DCT as my winter bike and off-tarmac adventures. Ideal really.

Still think its a good bike and wished my BMW R1200 had DCT

When I traded in my GSA for the ATAS I told the salesman if BMW did a GSA DCT that would be the ideal bike for me.

I paid £11,750 for one of the new 'Sports and the price included a centre stand. I'm unsure of the price I paid for the bike on its own, will check the invoice tomorrow.

Noticed only yesterday that Honda have increased the list price by £450 to £13,999 with immediate effect.

And all 0% deals are set to end on 3rd January.

Collected my bike 12 days ago. I went for the DCT version. I've been riding an 1100GS since 1997. So... All change.

So far? It's a hoot. Took me about 10 minutes to adjust to the different transmission, took me longer to adjust to the silly indicator switch. But that minor niggle aside, I love it. So odd to be riding a Japanese bike (only my second in 36 years) and... A bike with a chain too. Not that that worries me.

First service at 600 miles... With the advice being to (effectively) ride it normally... Or conservatively as they put it. That's alright, I'm not feeling exactly limited. time of year....

The way it goes from a standstill to moving is very slick. Gear changes upwards are seamless...so smooth. It's great!

I laughed out loud on those few occasions in the first couple of days, when, without thinking I reached for the clutch lever.

One great side effect. Boots that I have bought and found impossible to use because the toe was too thick to fit under the clutch lever... No longer a problem.

One great side effect. Boots that I have bought and found impossible to use because the toe was too thick to fit under the clutch lever... No longer a problem.

Haha, if you're trying to get your boot under the clutch lever, I suggest you try your hands instead :blast :D

But yes, using DCT I also stamped on the non-existent gear shift lever once or twice on enthusiastic down-changes. :D ... and can now wear my MX Boots which would never get under the gearshift lever on other traditional bikes.

What I love about the DCT is how fast it is off the line at traffic lights.... twist and BOOM, leaves all my mates in the dust... :thumb:bow

I paid £11,750 for one of the new 'Sports and the price included a centre stand. I'm unsure of the price I paid for the bike on its own, will check the invoice tomorrow.

Noticed only yesterday that Honda have increased the list price by £450 to £13,999 with immediate effect.

And all 0% deals are set to end on 3rd January.

Collected my bike 12 days ago. I went for the DCT version. I've been riding an 1100GS since 1997. So... All change.

So far? It's a hoot. Took me about 10 minutes to adjust to the different transmission, took me longer to adjust to the silly indicator switch. But that minor niggle aside, I love it. So odd to be riding a Japanese bike (only my second in 36 years) and... A bike with a chain too. Not that that worries me.

First service at 600 miles... With the advice being to (effectively) ride it normally... Or conservatively as they put it. That's alright, I'm not feeling exactly limited. time of year....

The way it goes from a standstill to moving is very slick. Gear changes upwards are seamless...so smooth. It's great!

I laughed out loud on those few occasions in the first couple of days, when, without thinking I reached for the clutch lever.

The discount deal is based on stock, so it runs out when the 2018 models run out. Pick mine up end of next week - it could have been this week but I've no time. The gear lever to peg gap is short on the ATAS, my boots wouldn't fit either.

The gear lever to peg gap is short on the ATAS, my boots wouldn't fit either.

I wouldn't know. I didn't bother test riding the manual version. I was talking about boots I bought to wear while riding my GS. They didn't fit under that bikes gear lever, I didn't bother returning them thinking - one day, maybe.

Well.. Now with a DCT bike... This is no longer a problem.

Back
Top Bottom