R100GSPD overhauled by Mikeyboy - shweet!

Bin Ridin

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Collected my R100GSPD from Holwell yesterday, rode to Shrewsbury where I stayed overnight with the brother, then on to Holyhead this morning.

Engine has been rebuilt, including sending the crankcase to Motoren Israel for machining and sleeving of the oil pump housing and rear camshaft bush. Clutch, Gearbox bearings and headstock bearing all renewed. Nice soda-blasting and powder coating on certain parts too. Not trying to make it into a new bike but the engine was high mileage, using too much oil and annoyingly rattly. Now sounds very respectable and I am sure the reliability and oil consumption will be spot-on.

After about 350kms so far, I am mightily pleased. Mike and Co. takes his work very seriously and has the skill and experience to go with that, so I can only echo the recommendations of others.

Well done and thanks, Mike!

I took a few photos in North Wales this morning on my way from Shrewsbury to Holyhead. I went via Fron-goch which is where the 1916 Volunteers (incl. Michael Collins) were interned until Dec 1916.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frongoch_internment_camp

Then stopped to see a plaque about the Quakers near Bala, then Caernarvon Castle, Holyhead Maritime Museum (closed) to see the Leinster memorial there. Very interesting spin, although cold and foggy to start with. Bike is running well, which it should be after an expensive overhaul.....ah sure!

Snowdonia is really beautiful, I am hardly to first to say that, but I will try to see more of it in better weather.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/TzmBxZuRxkLzt2PYA

If I had known in advance your route, we could have met up for a quick beer as I live near Nantwich.
It must be around 8yrs since we last met in Riyadh.

Sent from Steve's fancy iPad using Tapatalk

Good to hear from you Steve! I'll look you up next time, hopefully in better weather / season.

I'll post in Ireland forum as well, I think it will be interesting for the Holyhead schleppers..

Was that your bike in background of photo for the monolever PD he is restoring, Dublin reg.

Probably, 93D ? He has some great work in progress there, and he sure does take it seriously!

1000kms done, not a drop of oil used! This is a nice handy bike especially for our roads.. Nice one and full credit to Mikeboy!

Attachments

• 20181209_112257.jpg
    20181209_112257.jpg
    256.6 KB · Views: 369

Back
Top Bottom