Paint protection for R1250GS

ngallan

Reaction score
Hi

Does anyone know if the bodywork on the new R1250GS is the same as the last of the 1200's?

I'm, looking to order a paint protection kit but want to be sure the 2017- R1200GS kit is correct

Thanks

Thanks for the response.

Did you go for tank or full kit?

Any chance of a picture of the bike map so i can see the coverage if you went for full kit?

Thanks for the response.

Did you go for tank or full kit?

Any chance of a picture of the bike map so i can see the coverage if you went for full kit?

Just checking you have a standard/standard TE, not a rallye/TS Excl, as the full kit looks to be only for the former (so wouldn't be able to use the rad guard PPF).

I have the exclusive. But was looking at the 2017 Rally on the site as I thought that has the same rad guards. It’s a bit weird to find on the site. You have to click on the bmw logo and scroll to the bottom of the page.
https://www.invisiblepatterns.co.uk/bikes/bmw-r1200-gs-exclusive-rallye-2017

Last edited:
I have the exclusive. But was looking at the 2017 Rally on the site as I thought that has the same rad guards. It’s a bit weird to find on the site. You have to click on the bmw logo and scroll to the bottom of the page.
https://www.invisiblepatterns.co.uk/bikes/bmw-r1200-gs-exclusive-rallye-2017

ah, missed that, and I can see why you're looking for details on what's included in the full body kit! Yes the bodywork is the same on the 2017 excl., as it is for new excl and the new rally.

Invisible patterns have provided me with a PDF of the Bike Map (top customer service :beerjug:) - think i'll be ordering today.

Thanks for all your help all.

Full kit includes Tank centre line next to rubber tank pad, tank sides, upper and lower forks, beak, TFT Screen, headlight, radiator covers and swingarm.

Not certain how much is in the tank kit. Drop Lindsey an email she's really helpful with info. sales@invisiblepatterns.co.uk

I personally would fit the kit yourselves, i had invisible patterns fit me a kit to a bike due to myself being busy with other work and i was disappointed, film overlap, several bubbles and film misaligned on panels.

Invisible patterns fitted mine and i'm really happy with the job they did. I did my own bike last time and the job by Invisible patterns is at least as good as the job i did on my own and they took about a quarter of the time i took. Additionally the GS had a lot more odd shapes to film onto than S1000R i did myself.

Just did mine at the weekend, only part different is the little box on the tank as its got GS written on it (adv anyway).

Easy to do.

Back
Top Bottom