RIDE MAGAZINE

The first published test comparlng 1250 to 1200 gave a slightly shorter stopping distance in favour of the 1200. They did one test with one run only, and their own comment was that the small difference was insignificant.
The bikes had different tires, and unless they use a GPS with recording, 0,1 sec delay of brake aplication would make up the difference.

Both systems are quite capable of locking the wheel, thus it's up to the tyre and ABS computer to do the job.

Since both bikes are using same type of ABS computer, for all practical purpose their braking ability will be similar.
Even if the new brakes feels like having a better bite, the Brembos are still quite capable to lock up the front wheel with perhaps slightly more effort.

I suspect the major difference when comparing stopping distance. will be the tires.

Exactly. Plus we all ride differently brake differently etc, etc. 50cm difference in braking distance, I can live with that.

Exactly. Plus we all ride differently brake differently etc, etc. 50cm difference in braking distance, I can live with that.
Actually, you might not. 50cm

That's the difference between;

Fuck that was close.

Eating hospital food

Or

Can your family identify this body.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Fuck that was close.

Eating hospital food

Or

I'm not going to lose sleep over 19''

If i get to that stage then i know it's time to give up riding!

Fuck that was close.

Eating hospital food

Or

I suggest eating less pies.

Less mass to bring to a stop equates to lesser stopping distance

I suggest eating less pies.

Less mass to bring to a stop equates to lesser stopping distance

Just another way fat kills. Just slightly indirectly.
And for the record I don’t even like pies - it’s just everything else I eat too much of. Damn you delicious French cheeses!!!

Interesting is the comments made by selection of GS owners including our very own Sgt Bilco. One owner noted how better the test bike feels that the dealer bike.

Interesting is the comments made by selection of GS owners including our very own Sgt Bilco. One owner noted how better the test bike feels that the dealer bike.

May just be that the Ride test bike had been given the beans from the get go and not fresh out of the crate from the dealer also ridden on the track without the constraints of speed limits giving the engine full use.
My 1200 engine has improved with use .

Running on higher octane fuel, colder or warmer air temps, tyre pressure variations, tyre type and tread depth/profile wear, cleaner engine oil, engine run in better, suspension setting variations, engine power mode setting variations, amongst natural variations in engine performance.... and rider awareness/disposition.

No two bikes or conditions are identical :D

They are all good from 2004 up to Shiftcam.
It is all about boys toys and we like our toys.
If it was about speed a 15 year old Fazer would blow them both away.

Very true...
Like you say speed isn't everything. On the road rider skill would win most times when comparing all versions of the GS from the 1150 upwards.
Unless you can ride flat out most of the time like on a race track, the power differences would probably make little difference.

Well I love my new one and going back to a 2016 would be a backward step for me , and I would rather not as the new bike is just better in every way , okay the nostalgia of my last ride will always be good , but I rode my mates 1200 lc the other day and it just confirmed to me that decision I took to change as the right one, and well worth the money.
To add I know it has the new tft screen , suspension , but that's all well and good and quirky , but its the engine...…. brilliant
Must add , I think I will retro fit the original Brembro front as I feel this is a down grade with the new calipers as I already get brake fade with the Brembro so the new two part may fade faster due to flex.

Running on higher octane fuel, colder or warmer air temps, tyre pressure variations, tyre type and tread depth/profile wear, cleaner engine oil, engine run in better, suspension setting variations, engine power mode setting variations, amongst natural variations in engine performance.... and rider awareness/disposition.

No two bikes or conditions are identical :D
Not like manufacturers to ensure that any "test" bike is at its optimum or better !

Yeah... and a dealers bike be half put together

I take it you still want one then

Can't wait.... :D :bounce1

I want a Triple Black GSA though, so keeping my powder dry until the gold rush settles down and sanity resumes :cool:

Must add , I think I will retro fit the original Brembro front as I feel this is a down grade with the new calipers as I already get brake fade with the Brembro so the new two part may fade faster due to flex.

Do you reckon a transfer would work without screwing the abs or hill hold?
IF I pulled the trigger on a new GSA I would consider asking them to transfer my nice gold Brembos over.

Do you reckon a transfer would work without screwing the abs or hill hold?
IF I pulled the trigger on a new GSA I would consider asking them to transfer my nice gold Brembos over.

There's a set of R1200 Brembo's on eBay at the moment going cheap.... calipers and pads

There's a set of R1200 Brembo's on eBay at the moment going cheap.... calipers and pads

I see that Lithuanian company have some for sale - along with a huge amount of BMW/Merc RHD car spares; who'd thought there would be so many RHD cars there...

Back
Top Bottom