This Winter's G650X Project

It's about time you did something more important, like dry-lining your walls! :) Happy New Year!

Simon

I'm an Engineer not a plasterer !

I'm quite happy with my concrete block interior finish , no need for plasterboard or a painted finish - after all it is a garage !

Its a natural stone built cottage so the walls are about 18" thick so well insulated

So a few more parts bolted on

2h6t7yq.jpg

Quick q - and not to bash the skill and dedication of the build

Is the brake hose rubbing agaist the fork stanchion? - is that a consequence of the brake mod?? its a very busy looking caliper mount

Quick q - and not to bash the skill and dedication of the build

Is the brake hose rubbing agaist the fork stanchion? - is that a consequence of the brake mod?? its a very busy looking caliper mount

The brake line won’t rub against the fork stanchion . As I said I’m still waiting on getting the painted panels back from the painter - the front Mudguard is in getting painted . The Mudguard holds the support bracket for the front brake line . There has been no mod to the front caliper or brakes - that is standard set up on the XMoto

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The brake line won’t rub against the fork stanchion . As I said I’m still waiting on getting the painted panels back from the painter - the front Mudguard is in getting painted . The Mudguard holds the support bracket for the front brake line . There has been no mod to the front caliper or brakes - that is standard set up on the XMoto

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

See picture below...

24n1jtk.jpg

Got the panels back from the painters and as usual Sarah has made a fantastic job of them (www.saragoncustompaint.co.uk)

Fitted new BMW badges and the new seat and it's all finished . Just need some good weather and salt free roads now so I can test ride it.....

2a5alg4.jpg

2zeiloj.jpg

34ox92p.jpg

nxmkn.jpg

14t1t10.jpg

24pav0h.jpg

72angm.jpg

d4opd.jpg

148fyoy.jpg

alkimu.jpg

... Fitted new BMW badges and the new seat and it's all finished . Just need some good weather and salt free roads now so I can test ride it.....

Stunning weather down here and definitely no salt on the roads, so just send it down to Barcelona and I'll pop down and test ride if for you on the seafront and the Monjuic circuit. :)

Superb job! Your chain looks a bit tight though.

Thanks - the chain tension is set correctly as per BMW specifications

Motorcycle supported on its side stand : Chain deflection 25-30 mm

Rear suspension extended : Chain deflection 30-35 mm

Tenth Commandment
Thou shalt not covet thy neighbours goods (bike)

Aye I think your putting us all to the test!

Good lot of skill and tlc went into that I’m sure. Well done

Absolutely superb as usual John ...:drool

:thumb

What a great looking bike John, credit to you.

Just seen this and my god, that bike looks great. I have a soft spot for SM bikes, had a KTM 690 SMCR a few years back, lust after the Husky 701 SM and now the relaunched 690. Almost bought a BMW like this too, but the dealer nicked parts off it for another bike so I didn't bother. If money was no object, I'd make you a ridiculous offer for this bike!

Back
Top Bottom